7 Sneaky causes of acne
This post was inspired by a friend of mine who has never had acne in her life until now. Acne can begin in adulthood and it is a misconception to think that it only happens in teenagers. Whenever I break out, I do a major analysis of several things in my daily routine because I have discovered that they can contribute to acne breakouts. If you’re breaking out now, you might want to check out the following:
1. Ingredients in your makeup. If ‘non-comedogenic’ or ‘does not clog pores’ is not clearly written on your makeup container, discard it now!
3. Surfaces of objects that touch your face. When you rest your face on your hands, that might be contributing to your acne. What handcream do you use? Do you have oily hands? Do you use oxytetracycline medication for acne? Your phone might also be a factor. Is the surface sticky or oily?
4. Hair products. These are major contributors to acne development: many oils found in hair products are comedogenic (clog pores). Check out this link for ingredients in your hair products that might be causing you to break out!
5. Dirty applicators. This includes your face towel or sponge, powder puff, foundation brushes, etc. You need to wash them regularly with hot water and soap as often as possible. It’s also a good idea to change them very often.
6. Pillowcase/ towel. These can also harbour acne-causing bacteria. It is important to wash them as often as possible.
7. Facial scrubs. Do you use a face scrub? The grains in the scrub might be clogging your pores. Stop using it now if you do!
What other sneaky acne contributors do you think you could add to this list?
« Chemical peels: the basics (Previous News)
(Next News) Weight loss journey week 2 (8th-15th January) »
Winter Beauty Tips
Winter is now only less than a mere three weeks away. With the season, comesRead More
Christmas Essentials to Put On Your Holiday Shopping List
You don’t have much time to shop for Christmas this year. No, we mean itRead More