|Now (January 2011)|
I can’t believe my hair has grown this thick! I’ve always had thin hair which was capable of growing to about shoulder length but to see my hair like a wild bush amazes me!
I’ve discovered a few things that can make hair grow thicker:
- Not over-processing your hair when you relax it. Don’t leave the relaxer in for more than the recommended time.
- Avoiding direct heat as much as possible. If you must, please use a heat protectant/serum! When I do flat iron my hair, I use FX special effects flat iron spray.
- Using Amla oil as a conditioner with heat. I usually use this to massage my hair when I prepoo.
- Prepoo with a protein conditioner. My new found love is Joico K-pak conditioner. I also hear great raves about Organic root stimulator replenishing pak.
- Make sure I use products containing panthenol. Panthenol is said to increase hair diameter by up to 10 percent! Kenra moisturizing deep conditioner contains panthenol.
- Jamaican black castor oil. This is my liquid gold for my hair! I massage it into my scalp before applying my deep conditioner. When I air dry my hair, I also apply it to my hair ends to reduce frizziness.
- Trim off the dead ends regularly.
***If you want this Jamaican black castor oil, go thesizzlingmommy’s shop to find out how to place an order.