How to shop for hair products part 1: basic products you need
Hello everyone. I’ve been receiving quite a bit of emails and this has made me feel so warm inside: I love receiving them! Please keep them coming! Many people have been asking me what products they could use for their hair.
I have already written clearly about the products that are currently in my stash at home but I figure that many people might not have them in their local beauty supply store, market, etc. Don’t worry about this: you don’t have to use the same products that I do to get similar results. The most important thing is to follow the basics. Just in case you’ve forgotten, read Growing relaxed black hair made simple again.
Have you ever gone to buy hair products and you were confused about what to buy because there were so many things? I know what you mean:
Anyway, when you want to start growing your hair, you will need the following basic things:
1. Shower/detangling comb, steaming cap, hair serum/heat protectant serum, blow dryer and flat iron if you want to do your hair at home. The blow dryer must have a cool setting so that you can dry your hair on cool air. In addition, it should be tourmaline/titanium/ceramic/ionic so that it doesn’t dry out your hair. You can easily see these labels on the box. Your flat iron must also be ionic.
2. Wide-tooth comb
3. Shampoo or hair cleanser
4. Moisturizing conditioner
5. Light protein conditioner
6. Leave-in-conditioner or wrap lotion
7. Hair oil e.g olive oil, Jamaican black castor oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, etc.
8. Daily moisturizer
9. Hair accessories to hold up your hair.
10. A satin scarf or bonnet to sleep with at night. A hair net will just not do!!
Now you know these, get ready to go shopping!! But wait for the next part of the series before you do!
New vlog: July product haul
Hello beautiful people! I’m back again with another video sharing my latest product haul. *MyRead More
How to build a hair regimen: products to buy
Hi everyone. Today, I will be continuing my series on building a hair regimen. PleaseRead More
I want my wife to have a long and beautiful black hair, bcos I like it more than my wife!
Many times, it's the husband that appreciates long more! Recommend my blog to your wife!
[…] Growing relaxed black hair made simple […]
My hair was cut by a hair dresser some years ago it never got back it’s length dont know if she did not agree with me or I did not treat my hair right.
Sorry to hear about the hair dresser cutting your hair more than you really wanted. How do you care for your hair now? Do you deep condition it every time you wash it? This is very important to growing healthy hair.
Please help me gain back the head of hair I had its short and thin not and thick as it was
To get thicker hair, one of the things I advise is that you don’t relax your hair more often than 8 weeks. If you use flat irons and blow dryers frequently, please reduce the frequency of use.
[…] How to shop for hair products part 1: basic products you need […]