How to build a skin care regimen part 3: skin concerns
So, we’ve talked about the basic steps that make up any facial skin care regimen and skin types. Today, let’s go a bit deeper: skin concerns!
A skin concern is basically any issue YOU have with YOUR skin. I say this because sometimes you may have something that you don’t like about your facial skin and other people don’t get it. They might tell you that it’s not noticeable or it’s not too bad. However, if it bothers you even a little, it is a skin concern. So, let me say it again: A skin concern is basically any issue YOU have with YOUR skin. One way to classify skin issues is by their location:
- General facial skin: acne, redness, irritation, dark spots, scars, fine lines, wrinkles, frown lines, dull skin, eczema, rashes, moles, skin tags, etc
- Around the eyes and mouth: dark eye circles, laugh lines, deep lines/wrinkles, puffy eyes, etc
- Neck area: loose neck skin, hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, etc. The reason I mention the neck is because if you take care of your face and neglect your neck, there will a noticeable difference with time.
Some people have beautiful skin and generally have no skin issues. Some have only one thing that bothers them about their skin. Still, there are others that have a combination of skin concerns. Before purchasing skin products, you must take these concerns into consideration so that you’re not using the wrong products.
Keep following this series and you’ll learn about these skin issues and the ingredients to look out for depending on your skin type and the concerns you want to deal with! Please don’t forget to use one of the share buttons below (facebook, twitter, etc) to share with your friends!
- How to build a skin care regimen part 2
- Book review: 6 Weeks to Sensational Skin
- Skin problems and treatment (WebMD)
- The Clear-Skin Makeover (WebMD)
- Dark circles under eyes-Mayo clinic
- How to address aging skin concerns (Wikihow)
- 6 Weeks to Sensational Skin: Dr. Loretta’s Beauty Camp Handbook for Your Freshest Face
- The Skin Type Solution
Winter Beauty Tips
Winter is now only less than a mere three weeks away. With the season, comesRead More
Glam Up Your Holiday Beauty Look with These Easy Tips
Fall is officially here and winter is most definitely on its way! As the weatherRead More