Back to the basics: steps for a successful hair regimen
Hello everyone. I wanted to do a refresher course for the New Year for everyone who has resolved to take better care of their hair this year. I think that after a year of my healthy hair journey, I’ve learnt a little more about the important steps involved in any hair regimen and I’m going to explain them in-depth over the next few days to weeks. I used to be stricter about following each step at the beginning of my journey and if you’re just starting out, you should too. Now, I’m extremely flexible because I’ve more or less figured out a couple of things. As you manage your hair personally, you will too.
Anyways, these basic steps for any weekly relaxed hair regimen are as follows:
- Cleansing/Shampooing OR co-washing
- Deep-conditioning . I think this is a must for a healthy hair journey
- Sealing with an oil/butter. I also think that this is not an optional step.
- Sleeping with a satin scarf or pillowcase. This is a very important step!
- Suggested hair regimen to grow relaxed hair (if you can’t do it at home!)
- Growing relaxed black hair made simple
- How to grow relaxed black hair part 2 – creating a regimen
- The Compound Effect in Healthy Hair Care: Avoiding the Fluff and Sticking to Key Healthy Hair Principles (blackhairscience.wordpress.com)
Winter Beauty Tips
Winter is now only less than a mere three weeks away. With the season, comesRead More
Christmas Essentials to Put On Your Holiday Shopping List
You don’t have much time to shop for Christmas this year. No, we mean itRead More