Hi everyone.. last year, I tried to organize a Healthy hair bootcamp but didn’t complete it because I got hit with a surprise event (finding out I was pregnant)…. that’s a story for another day. Anyways, I would like to organize a healthy hair bootcamp 2012.
It’s going to run for 3 months, from April 1st till June 30th. The rules for the bootcamp are pretty simple:
- No direct heat during the period: only airdrying or rollersets. I’ll be posting up a video on how I airdry very soon. I’ll also be posting on different hairstyles you can do on airdried hair.
- Doing a deep condition at least once a week.
- Include a protein conditioner and a ceramide-containing product in your regimen.
- Moisturizing and sealing at least once a DAY.
If you’re interested, indicate your interest and at the beginning of the challenge, don’t forget to take a picture of your hair. To prepare us for the challenge, I’ll compile all the posts that I feel are relevant onto a special page just for the challenge so you can easily reference them. So, see you guys in April!
*** I’ll be giving out 2 copies of The Science of Black Hair: A Comprehensive Guide to Textured Hair Care to the two people with the most improved hair. [It doesn't matter where you live in the world: I'll have it mailed to you]
- How to Have Better Hair in 2012 (bellasugar.com)