PRODUCTS I REDISCOVERED THIS MARCH
- Motions triple action leave-in conditioner. I used it after washing my hair and then I airdried. It left my hair feeling pretty soft. It is also silicone-free so if you’re someone that doesn’t like silicones, you might like this. I think it’ll also make for a good moisturizer.
- Hair one Tea Tree Cleansing Conditioner: This used to be my main hair cleanser last year but I haven’t been using it this year because I’ve been using loads of oils and silicone-containing products on my hair recently and I felt that this product wouldn’t be sufficient to cleanse my hair. I have at least 4 bottles of this product at home and I was wondering what to do with it. While I was playing with the bottle, I discovered that I could also use it as a deep conditioner. I tried it and it worked: I applied it, left it overnight and rinsed my hair out the following morning. My only beef with it is that it doesn’t give much slip. I don’t mind though because I have great leave-ins. Now, I use it as a mid-week deep conditioner between wash days, alternating with my Kenra moisturizing conditioner.
- Keracare foam wrap set lotion: This is ‘da bomb’ product for a great rollerset! I’ve even used it to airdry my flexirod set. OMG! It leaves your hair soft, bouncy with SPECTACULAR MOVEMENT. The next time I use it, I will make a video just to show you how it makes my hair move!!
After my rollerset with my newly beloved Keracare foam wrap set lotion, I needed products that wouldn’t weigh down my set. I decided to try Keracare conditioning cream hair dress for my moisturizer and jojoba oil as a sealing oil since it’s very light. It’s worked out great: I just apply a few drops of the jojoba oil and my shine is back on!!
- Jojoba oil: This is a very light oil and is said to be the oil closest in structure to sebum. Another way I use it is to mix it with amla oil and castor oil to make a scalp oil.
- Keracare conditioning cream hairdress: It comes in a jar and although it’s oil-based, I use it as a moisturizer because its first ingredient is water. This product claims to help retain hair movement. I take a small amount and rub it between my palms and run my fingers through my hair to apply it (the same way I apply my S curl activator in THIS VIDEO). It’s actually lived up to its promise and hasn’t frizzed my hair out yet! I do have some qualms about this product though: its smell is awful and although I think it’s good for rollerset or flat-ironed hair, I wouldn’t use it on my airdried hair because it doesn’t feel very moisturizing.
*** I bought the Keracare conditioning cream hairdress from EDEN SALON along Lekki expressway in Lagos, the Keracare wrap lotion and the Motions Triple Action Leave-in Conditioner from Stylez Beauty shop, VGC- Ikota in Lagos.
Winter Beauty Tips
Winter is now only less than a mere three weeks away. With the season, comesRead More
Christmas Essentials to Put On Your Holiday Shopping List
You don’t have much time to shop for Christmas this year. No, we mean itRead More