Air drying your hair is the safest and most healthy way to dry your hair. It is however the most boring way and takes the longest time to dry. To make it more exciting, you can rollerset it, do a braid out or a twist it. If you’re just doing a normal air dry, it’s so important to get a good smooth finish so your hair doesn’t make you look untidy. To get a smooth air dry, your cuticles should be closed and smooth. Keep this in mind through out your wash process.
To get a good air dry, the following factors are so important
When you intend to dry your hair, every product you use on your wash day should have the effect of moisturing your hair and making it SOFT.
Products you should have ready are as follows:
- A moisturizing shampoo, preferably a sulfate free shampoo;
- A good conditioner (I think you’ll get a better finish if you use a deep conditioner.);
- Apple cider vinegar, Roux porosity Control Corrector & Conditioner or just cold water if you don’t have any of these.
- An effective leave-in detangler and/or a leave-in conditioner with good slip;
- A hair oil or butter; and
- A serum (optional but will help achieve the best finish)
- A soft boar bristle brush or a baby brush
- A scarf
You will need:
- A T-shirt to remove the excess water from your hair after washing.
- An extra wide-tooth comb
- A wide tooth comb
- A medium-tooth comb
- A fine-tooth comb (if you really want it extra smooth)
… continued on next page