Hair diary week ending 25th August 2012
Took out the rollers and went to church without combing out my hair. My hair looked oily: I think I put too much serum. Next time I use the Joico moisture recovery balm, I’m not going to use any leave-ins at all! To read what I did on Saturday night, check out my hair diary for the week ending 18th August 2012
Out of boredom or sheer curiosity, I decided to test my Tangle Teezer. I brushed out my hair with my Tangle Teezer on one side and the 3-comb method of detangling on the other side. My hair felt smoother on the side with the tangle teezer but I lost more hair on that side. I noticed that my ends were sticking together so I felt that I would need to clarify my hair soon.
- I applied a few drops of my sealing oil then lightly sprayed some Proclaim tea tree leave-in conditioner on my edges and massaged in some Jamaican black castor oil.
- Wore my satin bonnet then my shower cap and lastly my beret for a modified greenhouse effect.
- I lightly sprayed some Proclaim tea tree leave-in conditioner, some of my sealing oil and lastly sprayed Jane Carter Solution – Natural Hold Spray. While I was getting ready, I tied my scarf to get an extra sleek look.
- Did Traycee’s signature bun but I can’t find the pictures anywhere!! Will do this again.
- My hair felt too oily so I decided to co-wash.
- I applied Salon Selectives Smooth & Straight Conditioner to my hair. Wore my soft bonnet dryer for about 15 minutes.
- ‘Scrubbed’ my hair and rinsed it out with warm water.
- Detangled my hair in several sections with my wide tooth comb. My hair was quite soft so I didn’t apply any leave-ins. Lubricated my hands lightly with Brazilian butter, twisted my hair and rolled my ends with satin rollers.
My hair was still not dry so I wore my soft bonnet dryer for about 45 minutes. My hair came out soft and not oily. However, it was not defined in the middle. I’ll keep trying to get a good twist out or braid out!
I lightly sprayed some of my Proclaim tea tree leave-in, lightly combed my hair, wore my satin scarf, my shower cap and then my hair bonnet. Went to bed
Did a simple bun.
Moisturized my hair with rose water, wrapped it, wore my satin scarf and went to bed
Wore hair down.
- Applied some S-curl activator moisturizer
- Next, I applied some of my sealing oil
- Applied some Elasta QP mango butter moisturizer.
- Wore my satin scarf and went to bed.
- Prepooed with coconut oil.
- Washed with Ion clarifying shampoo. My hair did not lather after about 3 washes so I decided to use my husband’s Suave clarifying shampoo for men. It finally lathered! Lastly, I used Ion swimmer’s shampoo to remove any mineral buildup (my water at home has a lot of chlorine and iron).
- I applied Joico moisture recovery balm for thick hair without heat for about 5 minutes
- Rinsed this out and applied Roux porosity control corrector conditioner
- Next, I applied Silk elements kera minerals deep penetrating conditioner for 20 minutes with my Hair therapy cap on.
- When I tried to rinse my hair, it was very tangly. I couldn’t figure out why. I think it was the protein in the Joico moisture recovery. I haven’t had much good results with this conditioner! I didn’t wash my hair in sections: that could be another reason.
- I sprayed some diluted Apple cider vinegar. This helped to reduce the tangles.
- Detangled my hair in sections in front of the mirror. I didn’t use any leave-ins.
- I decided to do a wet wrap. I don’t even know why I attempted this but it was a horrible experience cos’ I lost a bit of hair.
- I then decided to simply divide my hair into two sections (front and back), bun each side and roll the ends.
- Applied some Generic Value Products (GVP) Silk Remedy
- Tied my satin scarf and went to bed.
- Blow dried each bun for 5 minutes (with cool air)
- Combed hair to the side
- Lightly spritzed my hair with Proclaim tea tree leave-in
- Divided my hair into 2 sections: front and back.
- Held each section with a scrunchie and rolled the ends with magnetic rollers.
See you next week with more from my hair diary!
Winter Beauty Tips
Winter is now only less than a mere three weeks away. With the season, comesRead More
Christmas Essentials to Put On Your Holiday Shopping List
You don’t have much time to shop for Christmas this year. No, we mean itRead More