Sunday sound out: Answering your hair questions
*Updated 25th March, 2015*
1. What is The Sizzling mommy’s sealing oil?
I used to have an oil mix comprising olive oil, avocado oil, safflower oil and castor oil. Now I mostly use pure argan oil.
2. What is Sizzling mommy using to prepoo her hair?
I also have an oil mix comprising coconut oil, hempseed, shea & cocoa butter. I sometimes use only coconut oil to prepoo.
I’ve used these two relaxers before and I think they’re both nice. The only difference is that with the same amount time spent on the hair, your hair will be less processed with the Affirm Fiberguard. If you’re going for really smooth tresses, opt for the Profectiv. If you want a less processed or ‘texlaxed’ look, pick the Affirm fiberguard
4. By taking Biotin for three weeks, will I need to perm hair any sooner than the normal time?
Three weeks might not be long enough to assess this… but if you use it for eight weeks, you might have to relax your hair earlier if you can’t deal with the extra new growth.
5. Does Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol Conditioner have protein?
NO. These are the ingredients:
Water, Stearamidoproply Dimethylamine, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Olive Oil, Cholesterol, Soybean Oil, Safflower Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Aloe Vera Extract, Fragrance, Vitamine E, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Phosphoric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Sisodium EDTA, Yellow # 5, Blue # 1.
6. What is the best way to use Roux Porosity Control Corrector And Conditioner?
- On relaxer days, you can use it as a last conditioning step to ensure that you’ve returned the pH of your hair to normal.
- On deep conditioning days, you can use it after shampooing and then follow up with your deep conditioner. This ensures that your hair will get adequately moisturized and remain this way for longer. I think this is the best way.
- You can also use it after your deep conditioner to seal your cuticles.
7. Is Wave Nouveau moisturizing Finishing Lotion good for relaxed hair?
Yes, it can also be used for relaxed hair.
8. What kind of leave-in conditioner should I use after a co-wash with relaxed hair?
Your regular leave-in should do. Since you’re not going to strip your hair by doing a co-wash, if you have fine hair and you are able to detangle your hair easily, you might not even need a leave-in. A little dab of serum or oil might actually be adequate.
9. Is Silk elements megasilk conditioner moisturizer or protein conditioner?
It is a light protein conditioner.
These are the ingredients (with the proteins highlighted).
Water, cetearyl alcohol, dicetyldimonium chloride, glycerin, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, isododecane, isohexadecane, cyclopentasiloxane, fragrance, quaternium-91, propylene glycol, cetrimonium methosulfate, quaternium-80, methoxy peg/ppg-7/3 aminopropyl dimethic, diazolidinyl urea, dimethicone, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, citric acid, panthenol, polyquaternium-59, butylene glycol, benzophenone-4, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethyl ester of hydrolyzed silk, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed extra, vitis vinifera (grape) seed extract ,hydrolyzed jojoba protein, glycine soja (soybean) protein, hydrolyzed sweet almond protein, yellow 5, blue 1, benzyl benzoate, benzyl salicylate, butylphenyl methylpropional, hexyl cinnamal, linalool
Hydrolyzed wheat protein has moisturizing properties. Hydrolyzed jojoba protein forms a film on the hair & helps it retain moisture. It is also great for adding shine to the hair.
10. Is S-curl activator a leave-in conditioner?
Not exactly. It was designed to be a moisturizer but it can also be used as a leave-in conditioner.
Have a nice Sunday!
Christmas Essentials to Put On Your Holiday Shopping List
You don’t have much time to shop for Christmas this year. No, we mean itRead More
Glam Up Your Holiday Beauty Look with These Easy Tips
Fall is officially here and winter is most definitely on its way! As the weatherRead More