Wash day: counting down to my relaxer touch up!!
Over the weekend, I went swimming and I didn’t wear a swimming cap. Although I had my hair in a bun, this came undone as soon as I got into the pool and my hair was swimming with me (very bad idea).
- Afterwards, I washed my hair with Ion Swimmer’s shampoo (that shampoo stings my eyes!!). Next, I clarified with Ion Clarifying shampoo.
- I applied Aphogee Two-step Protein Treatment. I left this in till it was almost dry and then I rinsed it off. Next, I applied the ApHOGEE Balancing Moisturizer. This is my first time of using it and I like the texture but I didn’t think it helped soften my hair. I decided to use another conditioner, Silk Elements Kera Minerals Deep Conditioning treatment. To be honest, my family was waiting for me to go for dinner so I didn’t have any time to deep condition for long. I had to rinse this out after a few minutes.
- For my leave-ins, I applied Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Split End Protector followed by GVP Silk Remedy and Jamaican Black Castor Oil Hair Food
- I simply airdried. However, I was too afraid to detangle my hair because it didn’t feel soft at all.
- The following day, my hair was a matted mess. I took my time and detangled it section by section with my fingers. Fortunately, I didn’t lose much hair: it must have taken me about 2 or 3 hours to finish this.
So, next stop, relaxer day!! Sorry, I have no pictures of my hair… it was a terrible experience detangling my hair. Now, I understand why it is written on the Aphogee Two-step Protein Treatment: Professionals only!! I advise anyone who wants to use it to ensure that they use a moisturizing conditioner with good slip and wait for your hair to soften before you rinse out the conditioner!! Have a nice day people!!
Winter Beauty Tips
Winter is now only less than a mere three weeks away. With the season, comesRead More
Christmas Essentials to Put On Your Holiday Shopping List
You don’t have much time to shop for Christmas this year. No, we mean itRead More