Science behind co-washing part 2
In a previous post, I talked about the Science behind co-washing. Please read it HERE.
Today, I will be talking about criteria for picking your co-wash conditioner and suggestions for co-wash conditioners..
When picking a conditioner for a co-wash, you should
- Pick one that is mostly moisturizing or a very light protein. Please read The Difference beteen protein and moisturizing conditioners.
- Look for one that is cheap. Since you will be using it as a ‘shampoo’, you would probably use a lot of it. It will make a lot of sense to get a lot of volume for a small amount of money.
- Look for a conditioner that has slip and leaves your hair feeling soft afterwards.
- The surfactant agents in conditioners do not have the ability to remove silicones. What this means is that if you regularly co-wash, you should look out for silicone-free conditioners or those containing water-soluble silicones. If you don’t, use a shampoo from time to time to eliminate buildup. Please read What is product buildup and how can it affect your hair?
- If you are lucky, look for one that can also do a little deep conditioning. Some conditioners also contain a little aloe vera, honey, coconut, olive or avocado oil. If you have one like this, you can apply it to your hair, leave it on for a few minutes and then ‘scrub’ your hair and scalp.
There are SO MANY examples of conditioners you can use to co-wash but I will just name a few:
- Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moistu re Conditioner
- Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Fortifying Cream
- Suave Naturals Conditioner Refreshing Waterfall Mist Conditioner
- Herbal Escapes Kiwi Lime Squeeze Conditioner
- All V05 conditioners e.g. Vo5 Moisture Milk Conditioner, Vo5 Strawberries and Cream Conditioner, etc.
- Salon Selectives conditioners
- Nature’s Gate Conditioner Herbal Jojoba
- Suave Conditioners
- Suave Naturals Conditioner, Mango Mandarin
- All the Herbal Essences Conditioners
- Aussie Moist conditioner
- White Rain conditioners
- Dove Daily Moisture Therapy Conditioner
Winter Beauty Tips
Winter is now only less than a mere three weeks away. With the season, comesRead More
Christmas Essentials to Put On Your Holiday Shopping List
You don’t have much time to shop for Christmas this year. No, we mean itRead More