Wash day: I roller set my hair
In preparing my hair for a trim, I was torn between flat ironing my hair or just roller setting & wrapping it afterwards. I decided to go with the latter.
- I applied Tropic Isle Living Strong Roots Red Pimento Hair Growth Oil to my scalp followed by Tropic Isle Living Jamaican Coconut Black Castor Oil on my strands.
- I wore my shower cap and then a black beret on top of this. Couldn’t find my heating cap anywhere….really strange!!
- I left this in for about an hour.
- Next, I washed my hair with Organic Root Stimulator Aloe Shampoo. I only did one lather. Although this is a clarifying/chelating shampoo, it didn’t make my hair feel so dry..I think this is my new chelating shampoo.
- Then, I applied Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner and left it in my hair for 2 minutes. I like this conditioner because it makes my hair really soft. It also has a pH of 3.5 to 4.5 just like Roux Porosity Control Corrector and Conditioner. Low pH products help to seal the cuticle. In addition, the Joico Moisture Recovery conditioner is a light protein conditioner which contains keratin. I think every relaxed girl should should have keratin in at least one product they use. The reason being that relaxers break down your hair’s keratin when applied.
- Afterwards, I applied Silk Elements Kera Minerals Deep Conditioner to my hair. I decided that I wanted a salon touch so I went out. When I got to the salon, I sat under a dryer for about 15 minutes. When I came out of the dryer, I let my hair cool off for about 3 minutes.
- For my leave-ins, I used Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Split End Protector followed by Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer.
- I sat under the dryer for about 45 minutes. That’s about it!!.
Winter Beauty Tips
Winter is now only less than a mere three weeks away. With the season, comesRead More
Christmas Essentials to Put On Your Holiday Shopping List
You don’t have much time to shop for Christmas this year. No, we mean itRead More