What to do when you forget your hair products at home
2 weeks ago, I went out of town and guess what? I forgot my retinue of hair products at home! If you ever find your self in my shoes, you can do the following:
- Don’t panic. Remember the 2 underlying principles behind healthy hair care:
- If you’re not staying for up to a week, you might not need a shampoo. However, if you need to shampoo for whatever reason or you are away for more than a week, I recommend that you look for any shampoo that is labelled as being moisturizing. Although I was away for less than a week, I needed to shampoo because I went for a swim. I was lucky to get a clarifying shampoo from a friend of mine (who has natural hair and also takes very good care of her hair).
- If you are washing your hair and you would like to do a pre-shampoo treatment, I recommend that you use any oil you can find in any local supermarket or beauty shop. I didn’t bother to prepoo because my hair was already wet from swimming.
- A deep conditioner that I would recommend in an emergency situation: Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner. Why? It works for most hair types. My friend was however kind enough to give me her conditioner, Most Valued Products Stop Breakage Conditioner.
- For your leave-in conditioner, you can buy any protein-free leave-in conditioner you can find. Otherwise, use a very tiny amount of your deep conditioner OR apply your oil to your wet hair.
- To moisturize your hair, you can also look out for any protein-free moisturizer. If you don’t get any, you can simply spritz your hair lightly with water. This is what I did.
- To seal in the moisture, any oil you have available would do. I was lucky to get some Sunflower oil in a supermarket near my mom’s house.
- Suggestions for leave-in conditioners and hair moisturizers
- Suggestions for protein and moisturizing conditioners
- How to shop for hair products: choosing a shampoo
- How to shop for hair products: buying a deep conditoner
Winter Beauty Tips
Winter is now only less than a mere three weeks away. With the season, comesRead More
Christmas Essentials to Put On Your Holiday Shopping List
You don’t have much time to shop for Christmas this year. No, we mean itRead More