Co-washing in braids
My last stretch was 16 weeks and co-washing was one thing that helped me make it through. When I got to 13 weeks, I started co-washing in braids. The reason I did this was to reduce breakage that might have occurred when I wet detangled my overdue hair. I usually do my co-washing on weekday evenings.
- First, I detangle my hair section by section with my fingers
- Next, I divide my hair into 4 sections and then I braid each section.
- I stand in front of the mirror and I apply my co-wash conditioner to my new growth and then to the braid. Next, I wet my hair a little. If you want to do the Greenhouse effect instead, at this point, you can apply an oil of your choice in place of your conditioner. When you get into the shower, apply your co-wash conditioner and leave it in for at least 3 minutes before rinsing it out.
- I cover my hair with a shower cap and wear a heating cap. I leave this on for 15-30 minutes.
- I take off the heating cap and leave the shower cap on. I usually cover the shower cap with a beret so I don’t look too funny.
- When I’m ready to take my bedtime shower, I pour some water on my hair. I rub my scalp, new growth and then each braid.
- I rinse off the conditioner with warm water. I sometimes do a final rinse with cool/lukewarm water.
- When I get out of the shower, I undo each braid and apply my leave-in conditioner and serum to each braid.
- I decide how my hair should look the next day and do either a center-part or side-part. I smoothen the top of my hair with a medium-tooth comb or boar bristle brush. I then gently detangle each section.
- If I have time, I can blow dry my hair with cool air or sit under my standing dryer.
- If I don’t have any time or I’m too tired, I twist my ends into one big twist. I secure the twisted end with a clip, tie my satin scarf and go to bed.
- In the morning, the top of my hair and my roots are usually dry. I fold the twisted end into a bun or just leave it clipped and that’s it.
- When I get back that night, I don’t undo the twist yet: I simply moisturize and seal the top of my hair.
- The following morning, I undo the twist and let my hair down for the day.
Sunday Sound out: Can WEN® cause product buildup?
Yes. I think WEN cleansing conditioners have the potential to result in product buildup for atRead More
Sunday Soundout: VO5 conditioners and Red Pimento oil
QI. What vitamins contain MSM? Hairfinity Hair Vitamins 750mg Country Life Maxi Hair Vitamins 600mgRead More