Hair Diary: how I’m managing my hair during this Greenhouse challenge
Hair diary for Thursday 22nd November – Wednesday 28th November 2012
Rubbed some grapeseed oil and then a satin cap on my hair and went to bed.
Did a simple bun
- Applied grapeseed oil to my hair. I had to stop using the coconut oil every day because it was making my hair hard. I will only use it on days that I want to wash my hair.
- Wore my shower cap, then my hair bonnet and lastly a black beret.
- Simple bun
- Spritz my hair lightly with rose water
- Applied grapeseed oil to my hair
- Followed this by applying Elasta QP mango butter to my hair
Didn’t like how my hair felt so I combed though my hair in 4 sections (I usually comb my hair only on days that I wash my hair and on other days, I use my fingers like my comb)
- Applied Salon Selectives Smooth & Straight Conditioner to my hair, wore a shower cap and then a hair bonnet on top of that and went to bed
- Rinsed out the conditioner in the morning. I didn’t detangle my hair.
- Applied my leave-in conditioner: Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth leave-in conditioner to my dripping wet hair and applied GVP silk remedy serum on top of this. I tied my scarf and didn’t bother to detangle. I’m telling you that although my hair was a little bit tangled when it dried, it felt very very smooth!
- Rubbed some grapeseed oil on my hair and gently finger combed my hair. Since I started the Greenhouse challenge, I have noticed a little more shedding and breakage than I normally do. I think it’s because I moisturize less with the Greenhouse effect. Secondly, I stopped taking my GNC Ultranourish hair so that I could be sure that any extra growth I experience is from the Greenhouse Effect.
- Wore my hair bonnet then a shower cap
- Wore a hair beret on top of the hair bonnet
- Simple bun
- Applied grapeseed oil, tied a scarf bonet, wore a shower cap then a beret. I noticed a little breakage while finger combing. I was not surprised because applying oil to dry hair can cause breakage. I almost felt like dropping the challenge because of the breakage I have been noticing. I have however decided I will be spraying a little rose water on my hair BEFORE I apply any oil for the rest of the challenge period!
- Lightly spritz hair with rosewater. Rubbed some grapeseed oil on top of this. Wore two shower caps, then a satin hair bonnet and lastly a black beret. I used two shower caps because I really need my hair to steam up!
- Did a banana clip bun
Winter Beauty Tips
Winter is now only less than a mere three weeks away. With the season, comesRead More
Christmas Essentials to Put On Your Holiday Shopping List
You don’t have much time to shop for Christmas this year. No, we mean itRead More