Hair diary for Thursday 22nd November – Wednesday 28th November 2012
Rubbed some grapeseed oil and then a satin cap on my hair and went to bed.
Did a simple bun
- Applied grapeseed oil to my hair. I had to stop using the coconut oil every day because it was making my hair hard. I will only use it on days that I want to wash my hair.
- Wore my shower cap, then my hair bonnet and lastly a black beret.
- Simple bun
- Spritz my hair lightly with rose water
- Applied grapeseed oil to my hair
- Followed this by applying Elasta QP mango butter to my hair
Didn’t like how my hair felt so I combed though my hair in 4 sections (I usually comb my hair only on days that I wash my hair and on other days, I use my fingers like my comb)
- Applied Salon Selectives Smooth & Straight Conditioner to my hair, wore a shower cap and then a hair bonnet on top of that and went to bed
- Rinsed out the conditioner in the morning. I didn’t detangle my hair.
- Applied my leave-in conditioner: Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth leave-in conditioner to my dripping wet hair and applied GVP silk remedy serum on top of this. I tied my scarf and didn’t bother to detangle. I’m telling you that although my hair was a little bit tangled when it dried, it felt very very smooth!
- Rubbed some grapeseed oil on my hair and gently finger combed my hair. Since I started the Greenhouse challenge, I have noticed a little more shedding and breakage than I normally do. I think it’s because I moisturize less with the Greenhouse effect. Secondly, I stopped taking my GNC Ultranourish hair so that I could be sure that any extra growth I experience is from the Greenhouse Effect.
- Wore my hair bonnet then a shower cap
- Wore a hair beret on top of the hair bonnet
- Simple bun
- Applied grapeseed oil, tied a scarf bonet, wore a shower cap then a beret. I noticed a little breakage while finger combing. I was not surprised because applying oil to dry hair can cause breakage. I almost felt like dropping the challenge because of the breakage I have been noticing. I have however decided I will be spraying a little rose water on my hair BEFORE I apply any oil for the rest of the challenge period!
- Lightly spritz hair with rosewater. Rubbed some grapeseed oil on top of this. Wore two shower caps, then a satin hair bonnet and lastly a black beret. I used two shower caps because I really need my hair to steam up!
- Did a banana clip bun