Product review: Salon Selectives Smooth & Straight Conditioner
Hi people… I just want to do a quick review of one of my OLD favourite co-wash conditioners.
Full name: Salon Selectives Daily Treatment Type S, Smooth & Straight
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance, Polyquaternium 7, Dimethicone, Hydrolyzed Silk, Persea Gratissima (Avocado Oil), Vaccinum Myrtillus Fruit/Leaf Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract (Sugar Cane), Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract (Sugar Maple), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract (Orange), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract (Lemon), Titanium Dioxide, Polyquaternium 28, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Disodium EDTA
Smooths & Tames Frizz for Super Straight Silky Hair
- Smooth hair cuticle to help control frizzies
- Silk protein and avocado oil leave hair silky, smooth and shiny
- Perfect moisture balance for hydrated, smooth strands
- Color Safe conditioner
- It’s cheap.
- It has avocado oil which is one of the oils absorbed by the hair. This is why I use it as a deep conditioner in addition to using it as a co-wash conditioner. I also sometimes use it very lightly as a leave-in.
- It contains cetyl alcohol which is an ingredient that I love. Cetyl alcohol helps to moisturize hair and prevent frizziness,
- It has great slip which improves with heat. When my hair is freshly clarified and I apply this conditioner, my hair turns to silk immediately.
- It lasts a long time.
Things I don’t like
The bottle has a pump which becomes difficult to use when you get half way through the conditioner.
It’s a good cheapie co-wash conditioner that I love and even use on my daughters’ natural hair. NOT USING IT ANYMORE BECAUSE IT IS HARD TO FIND. (UPDATE 12TH MARCH 2015).