So you’ve decided to take better care of your hair this year but you’re not sure how.
- Give your hot tools a break for a while. If you like sleek styles, opt for roller setting and wrapping your hair afterwards. That will make your hair look like you flat ironed it.
- Start reading the ingredient list on every hair product you buy: try to avoid products that contain mineral oil, petrolatum and lanolin.
- Learn to comb your hair the right way: start from the tips and then the middle before you get to the roots.
- Learn the basic steps/terminologies involved in healthy hair care:
- You should condition your hair before washing your hair. This is called prepooing.
- Wash your hair at least once in two weeks.
- Deep condition your hair after washing your hair. Do this every time you wash your hair.
- Realize that your hair needs to be moisturized regularly just the way your skin needs to moisturized.
- After you moisturize your hair, you should rub an oil or hair pomade on your hair.