So you’ve decided to take better care of your hair. What next?
So you’ve decided to take better care of your hair this year but you’re not sure how.
- Give your hot tools a break for a while. If you like sleek styles, opt for roller setting and wrapping your hair afterwards. That will make your hair look like you flat ironed it.
- Start reading the ingredient list on every hair product you buy: try to avoid products that contain mineral oil, petrolatum and lanolin.
- Learn to comb your hair the right way: start from the tips and then the middle before you get to the roots.
- Learn the basic steps/terminologies involved in healthy hair care:
- You should condition your hair before washing your hair. This is called prepooing.
- Wash your hair at least once in two weeks.
- Deep condition your hair after washing your hair. Do this every time you wash your hair.
- Realize that your hair needs to be moisturized regularly just the way your skin needs to moisturized.
- After you moisturize your hair, you should rub an oil or hair pomade on your hair.
- Hair care: popular terms and hair lingo
- African hair care: do this.. do that..is there really any need?
- How to grow relaxed black hair Part 1: the basics
- How to grow relaxed black hair Part 2: creating a regimen
- How to grow relaxed black hair Part 3: my old regimen
- Suggested hair regimen to grow relaxed hair (if you can’t do it at home!)
- Growing relaxed black hair made simple
- Back to the basics: steps for a successful hair regimen
- How to grow thicker relaxed hair
- What is product buildup and how can it affect your hair?
- How to shop for hair products part 2: Choosing a shampoo
- Sulfate free shampoos that I like
- Back to the basics: cleansing your hair (shampooing and other things)
- What is the best oil for hair?
- How to use Jamaican black castor oil
- Frequently asked questions on castor oil
- How to maintain hair with high porosity
- How to shop for hair products part 1: basic products you need
- Back to the basics: deep conditioning
- The difference between protein and moisturizing conditioners
- Suggestions for protein and moisturizing conditioners
- How to shop for hair products part 3: buying a deep conditioner
- MSM and Biotin: minerals and vitamins for hair growth
- Back to the basics: prepooing?
- Back to the basics: Co-washing
- Science behind co-washing part 1
- Science behind co-washing part 2
- Back to the basics: moisturizing and sealing
- Length retention: Keeping your ends moist 24/7
- Suggestions for leave-in conditioners and hair moisturizers
- Back to the basics: drying and styling your hair
- How I air dry my hair without frizz: step by step
- Back to the Basics: Knowing your relaxers
- Back to the Basics: ‘Safely’ using chemical relaxers
- Understanding the difference between hair shedding and breakage
- Hair breakage 101
- Determining why your relaxed hair is breaking part 1
- Determining why your relaxed hair is breaking part 2
- Determining why your relaxed hair is breaking part 3
- Growing back your hairline!
- How I trim my hair
- What to do when you forget your hair products at home
Bubble hair damage
This post is reblogged from the Website of the Trichological Society. Definition: – Bubble HairRead More
What’s in my overnight bag?
Happy Sunday guys! I’m in the middle of a 24-hour call duty at the hospitalRead More