My hair is now about 7 weeks post-relaxer and my hairline is simply atrocious: I have tiny hairs growing all over and I’m tired of smoothening them! A friend of mine saw my hair and was asking me when I was going to get a relaxer touch-up. I think since my hair is texlaxed, it doesn’t look as straight as it could be. In addition, this Greenhouse effect challenge might actually be making my hair drier than usual.
I haven’t fixed any weave this year and I don’t think I will with the remaining days left in this year. Since I wanted a different look, I decided to buy a wig!
- On Friday night, I mixed V05 Balancing conditioner with Tropic Isle Living Coconut castor oil and applied this to my hair. I covered my hair with a shower cap and then wore my heating cap for about 20 minutes. After taking off the heating cap, I wore a hair bonnet on top of the shower cap and then a beret on that. Went to bed
- When I rinsed my hair in the morning, I was surprised at how soft it felt.
- I did a quick wash with Elasta QP shampoo for Relaxed Hair that I had diluted in a bowl of water.
- I applied Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner to my hair and left it on for 3 minutes.
- Rinsed my hair with cool water.
- My leave-in conditioner was Herbal Essences Split End Protector
- Detangled my hair in about 8-10 sections with my Plugged in Shower Comb.
- Tied my hair with a scarf and let it dry for about an hour
- Lightly combed through my hair again.
- Had a stylist do some cornrows for me. I tried to show her that she should comb my hair from the ends and work her way upwards but she kept combing it from midway down. This is the point where my ‘texlaxed’ hair meets the straighter relaxed ends and I must say that I was not happy with the amount of broken hairs. I have decided that I am going to learn how to do cornrows myself from henceforth! I have also decided that I am going to do all my roller sets and relaxer touch-ups myself from now on!`
- Before I put on the wig, I wear my satin bonnet.
- When I put on the wig, I tuck the edges of the bonnet into the wig.
- For the Greenhouse effect challenge: At night, I apply a little oil to the woven hair tracks. I put on a shower cap and then a bonnet and go to bed.