The official True foods for two announcement!!
Win a Jillian Michaels workout DVD while doing what you’ve been longing to do!
I was pleasantly surprised when I got some enthusiastic responders for the True Foods for two challenge I talked about recently. This is the official announcement!
Open to all my readers wherever you are: I’ll mail in your prize.
- The person with the most weight loss will receive one Jillian Michaels DVD: No more trouble zones
- The person with the most obvious change (this will be voted on by blog readers) will receive a Jillian Michaels DVD: Ripped in 30
The challenge runs from January 28th to March 28th.
- Send in your ‘before’ body stats, pictures and a picture of your weight on the weighing scale. My email address is dr_fomsky(at the)thesizzlingmommy.com.
- At least 30 minutes of exercise 4 times a week. Try to push yourself further and further if you can.
- Biweekly check-ins. I will send you an email regularly to see how it’s going.
- Avoid all processed foods i.e white rice, spaghetti, noodles, macaroni, biscuits, sweetened cereals, white bread, carbonated drinks, etc. Please read the ingredient list of everything you buy.
- No juice. If you must take juice, it should be juiced by you. One homemade juice that I like is Cucumber-apple juice. It is so refreshing.
- Moderate food options of any unrefined carbohydrate.The list is limitless. Some examples include:
- Old-fashioned oatmeal or unsweetened whole grain cereals
- Brown rice, Ofada rice or Basmati rice
- Whole grain bread (not more than 2 slices at a time)
- Sweet potatoes
- Plantain (in very little amount)
- At least 5 servings of vegetables. Replace the amount of carbohydrate you would have eaten with vegetables.
- Moderate amount of protein. If possible, opt for fish and chicken breast. Reduce your intake of beef as much as possible.
- Only one handful of nuts is allowed daily (if you’re a nut lover like moi) e.g almonds, peanuts.
- Moderate amounts of low-sugar fruits e.g apples, grapes, oranges. Pineapples and water melons are high sugar fruits. As much as possible, avoid them.
- No fried foods. Opt for boiling or grilling. Reduce the amount of oil in your cooking.
I will post my ‘before’ pics and stats by the weekend. Good luck ladies.
Life update: New beginnings!
Hello beautiful people. Thanks for all your comments on my last 2 posts, Relaxer updateRead More