Wash day: trying out BEE MINE BEE•U•Ti• FUL Moisturizing Deep Conditioner
I decided to try BEE MINE BEE•U•Ti• FUL Moisturizing Deep Conditioner in today’s wash day.
- Applied Tropic Isle Living Pimento oil to my scalp and massaged it in with my Tangle Teezer Hair Brush
- Applied Tropic Isle Living Castor Oil Protein conditioner to my hair. The conditioner is soo thick but not easily spread so I had to wet my hair prior to applying the conditioner to make the application easier. I wrapped my hair with some cling wrap and sat under my standing hair dryer for about 20 minutes and then I allowed my hair to cool off. When I took off my shower cap, I noticed my hair felt very strong and heavy. While trying to rinse out the Castor oil protein conditioner, I felt nothing really came out: that conditioner really absorbs into my hair. Although, this is a sign of a good hair treatment, I don’t like the fact that it doesn’t give slip.
I washed my hair with Jamaican Black Castor Oil Shampoo and it came out nice and soft: almost like I had already conditioned my hair.
I applied BEE MINE Beeutiful Moisturizing Deep conditioner to my hair from root to tips. Covered my hair with some more cling film. Covered this up with a shower cap and then a beret. I did some exercise and then I went to bed.
In the morning, I sat under my hooded dryer for about 10 minutes. Allowed my hair to cool off and did some Zumba exercise. When I rinsed my hair in the shower, I was happy that the Beeutiful Conditioner gave me slip. These days, I’m always on the look out for conditioners that help me comb my hair easily. That’s why I’ve dumped Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner: it just wasn’t giving me enough slip.
I was just in the mood to do something different. Bad mistake. I brought out a bottle of Proclaim tea-tree leave in conditioner that I had in the back of my cupboard. Now I know why it’s in the back: my hair doesn’t like protein leave-ins and that includes Aphogee Green Tea Restructurizer. I sprayed this Proclaim tea-tree leave in and rose water on my hair. Then I detangled with 2 sizes of combs: a wide-tooth comb and then a medium-tooth comb. I noticed an abnormal amount of breaking and shedding.
I believe the breakage was due to different things:
- It’s been a while I did any tea rinses so I might incorporate that in my next wash day
- I haven’t been taking my hair supplements regularly
- I used the protein conditioner BEFORE washing. Last week, when I used it afterward, I only saw about 5 hairs total (in my comb and on the floor). Today, I didn’t even bother to count. I should have used it after washing.
- I could be having a protein overload from using the Proclaim Tea tree Leave-in conditioner because it is a protein leave-in.
- It might have been the Beeutiful Conditioner although I doubt that very much
- Understanding the difference between hair shedding and breaking.
- Determining why your relaxed hair is breaking part 1
- Determining why your relaxed hair is breaking part 2
- Determining why your relaxed hair is breaking part 3
I did a roller wrap but it wasn’t as smooth and as silky as the one I did last week. Everything was just going wrong! I decided not to roll the center hair like I did last week.Afterwards, I air dried my hair for most of the day. I had to take out the pins because they were making my head ache. Instead, I took out the pins and covered my hair with a fish net scarf to secure the wrap and allow air to penetrate my hair. You can make one using a regular hair net.
Sat under my dryer for about 25 minutes and left it wrapped till the next day.
Undid the wrap and although my hair was straight, my ends were horrible! Maybe because of all the breakage: could this be a setback? I trimmed my hair several times last year but I have promised myself only one 1 inch trim in June and another in December. Will I have to break my promise to myself? I hate horrible ends!!
Anyways, I decided to do a simple twisted bun and forget about it.
How did your wash day go?
P/s: For my Nigerian sisters, I bought the Beeeutiful Deep Conditioner from Kinky Apothecary’s Concession stand in L’espace, Olosa Street, Victoria Island. You can also order from her Kinky Apothecary website.
For the other stuff, please check out my Sizzelle e-store:
- Tropic Isle Living Castor Oil Protein conditioner
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil Shampoo
- Cortas rose water
My natural hair journey so far
Just in case you don’t follow me on social media and you missed the news,Read More
Wash day featuring Pureology hydrate shampoo – December 2nd, 2016
This wash day featured two new products: Pureology Hydrate shampoo (which I bought last month)Read More