Wash day – breakage check
1. My wash day began on Friday night with an overnight prepoo. I usually use Strong Roots Pimento oil for my scalp but I’ve run out of it. In its place, I used Jamaican Castor Oil Serum with Argan oil. I used this because its bottle has a similar tip to the Pimento oil.
Then I braided each section. On my hair, I applied some oils..To be honest, I don’t know what oils are in there because I had mixed it a while ago and I didn’t label the bottle!!! Maybe safflower oil, maybe olive oil, not sure. I put on my shower cap and then a hair bonnet and went to bed.
3. In the morning, I washed my hair with Ion Swimmer’s shampoo. Although this shampoo is sulfate-free, I have one qualm with it… it stings my eyes!!! After rinsing out the shampoo, I applied Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner to my hair for a minute… My hair was still braided… I think my subsequent washes, I will not keep my hair braided..
4. After rinsing out the Joico Conditioner, I applied my Silk Elements Kera Minerals Deep Conditioner..I have only a little left so I have been very miserly with it! LOL! I undid the braids before
5. After 30 minutes or so, I poured some grapeseed oil on my hair then wore my heating cap for about 30 minutes.
6. To rinse out my hair, I decided to put a stopper in the bath tub drain to see the actual number of hairs I lost. I detangled my hair with my Hercules Sageman Magic Star Jumbo Rake comb. I lost about 15-20 strands, some long and some short.
7. When I came out of the shower, I squeezed out the excess oil with a t-shirt and then I applied my leave-ins, Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Split end protector and GVP silk remedy serum. I brushed the top of my hair with my Boar bristle brush (if you don’t have, use a soft baby hair brush).
9. I haven’t undone the twist yet but if you want to see how the hair turned out, don’t forget to follow me on Facebook. I give regular hair updates during the week on my facebook page.
How was your wash day?
Wash day featuring Pureology hydrate shampoo – December 2nd, 2016
This wash day featured two new products: Pureology Hydrate shampoo (which I bought last month)Read More
Hair update: Rollerset at the salon
Hi dear people. In my last hair update, I mentioned that I was going toRead More