Wash day – breakage check
1. My wash day began on Friday night with an overnight prepoo. I usually use Strong Roots Pimento oil for my scalp but I’ve run out of it. In its place, I used Jamaican Castor Oil Serum with Argan oil. I used this because its bottle has a similar tip to the Pimento oil.
Then I braided each section. On my hair, I applied some oils..To be honest, I don’t know what oils are in there because I had mixed it a while ago and I didn’t label the bottle!!! Maybe safflower oil, maybe olive oil, not sure. I put on my shower cap and then a hair bonnet and went to bed.
3. In the morning, I washed my hair with Ion Swimmer’s shampoo. Although this shampoo is sulfate-free, I have one qualm with it… it stings my eyes!!! After rinsing out the shampoo, I applied Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner to my hair for a minute… My hair was still braided… I think my subsequent washes, I will not keep my hair braided..
4. After rinsing out the Joico Conditioner, I applied my Silk Elements Kera Minerals Deep Conditioner..I have only a little left so I have been very miserly with it! LOL! I undid the braids before
5. After 30 minutes or so, I poured some grapeseed oil on my hair then wore my heating cap for about 30 minutes.
6. To rinse out my hair, I decided to put a stopper in the bath tub drain to see the actual number of hairs I lost. I detangled my hair with my Hercules Sageman Magic Star Jumbo Rake comb. I lost about 15-20 strands, some long and some short.
7. When I came out of the shower, I squeezed out the excess oil with a t-shirt and then I applied my leave-ins, Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Split end protector and GVP silk remedy serum. I brushed the top of my hair with my Boar bristle brush (if you don’t have, use a soft baby hair brush).
9. I haven’t undone the twist yet but if you want to see how the hair turned out, don’t forget to follow me on Facebook. I give regular hair updates during the week on my facebook page.
How was your wash day?
My natural hair journey so far
Just in case you don’t follow me on social media and you missed the news,Read More
Wash day featuring Pureology hydrate shampoo – December 2nd, 2016
This wash day featured two new products: Pureology Hydrate shampoo (which I bought last month)Read More