Wash day: final seal with grapeseed oil!
My weekend wash day started on Friday night.
On Thursday and Friday, I had left my hair down and by the end of Friday, it was terribly dry..
- I divided my hair into 4 sections and then finger detangled each section gently with avocado oil between my fingers to help lubricate the strands.
- Afterward, I added some safflower oil to my hair and then braided each section.
- I put on a shower cap, wore my heating cap for about 30 minutes. Took off the heating cap and went to bed.
On Saturday morning, I washed my hair with Ion Swimmer’s Shampoo (without undoing the 4 braids I had done the previous night)
- With my hair still in 4 braids, I applied Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner for dry hair (this is a light protein conditioner) to each braid. I put on a shower cap and then my heating cap. Left my heating cap on for about 30 minutes. Although the instructions on the conditioner bottle say 1 minute, I think that you need at least 15 minutes to get the complete benefit of deep conditioning.
- One of my readers had sent me an email about doing a hot oil treatment as a last step and I liked the idea of that. However, I was too lazy to rinse out the conditioner and then apply the oil. And then rinse out AGAIN! Instead of rinsing off the Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner, I decided to just pour some grapeseed oil on my hair!
- I wore my shower cap and sat under my standing dryer for about 25 minutes on very high heat. I allowed my hair cool and then I re-moistened my hair a little. I undid the braids and I detangled my hair in the shower. Since this conditioner gives very good slip, I felt comfortable enough to detangle my hair with the 3-comb method. First with my a large tooth comb, then my Roll-Ka comb (I just got this after I read Ebony Princess talk about it on her blog) and lastly a medium tooth comb. Then I rinsed off the conditioner.
Leave-ins & Styling
- I applied 1 pump of Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Split End Protector to my hair, twisted the ends and then pinned up my hair. I tied the front of my hair with a scarf and went about my day.
- This morning, I undid the twist but my hair was not 100% dry so i just pinned up my hair and went to church. This evening, it’s finally dry and this is how it looks:
How did your wash day go?
- Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Split End Protector
- Ion Swimmer’s Shampoo
- Roll-Ka Comb
- Magic Jumbo Rake Comb
- Hair Therapy Wrap (Heating Cap)
- Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner for dry hair
Wash day featuring Pureology hydrate shampoo – December 2nd, 2016
This wash day featured two new products: Pureology Hydrate shampoo (which I bought last month)Read More
Hair update: Rollerset at the salon
Hi dear people. In my last hair update, I mentioned that I was going toRead More