After being on this hair journey for 3 years, I can tell you the primary things that I feel can prevent you from retaining length. I call them Lethal Enemies of achieving long hair.
- Stretching your relaxer longer than you can handle.
- Detangling your hair the wrong way.
- Combing your hair every single day.
- Air drying the wrong way.
- Irregular deep conditioning.
- Infrequent and/or ineffective moisturizing and sealing.
- Applying oil to dry hair
- Frequent use of direct heat on your hair.
- Manipulating your hair too frequently or in the wrong way.
Over the next few weeks, I’m going to talk a little bit more about each lethal enemy! Have a great day!
This is a republished post: it was first published on October 9th, 2012