So, what is my new night time routine for relaxed hair? Nothing so complicated and it’s actually not so new. If you’ve been reading my weekly hair diaries, you’ll see me mention this routine several times.
- Apply a hair moisturizer and/or oil. If my hair is freshly washed, I just apply oil. If it is a few days old or feels dry, I apply a moisturizer first and then seal. Knowing how often you need to moisturize your hair comes by trial and error. If I’m tired, I just apply only a moisturizer without sealing. Or mix the oil with the moisturizer together in my palm before applying it on my hair. I apply my moisturizer lightly because I don’t want my hair getting wet. That makes it look frizzy in the morning.
- Tie a scarf. I do this so that my hair is nice, smooth and flat in the morning.
- Wear a bonnet. Using a bonnet helps to make sure that my scarf doesn’t fall off.
- Wear a shower cap. I wear this to create a little warmth within the bonnet. Sometimes, I wear the shower cap before the bonnet if I feel that my hair is a little drier than normal.
- Wear a crochet beret. Creating some more warmth and trapping in all the moisture.
Have you moisturized and/or sealed your hair tonight? What is your night time routine for your hair, if any? If you live in Lagos and you want a crochet beret, leave a comment below. I’ll see if I can send you one.