A few days ago, I noticed that I was having dry elbow skin and they were so rough, peeling and dark! This is so embarrassing cos’ it means I can’t wear short sleeved tops. I do admit that I haven’t been special attention to my elbows but I can’t remember the last time I had this issue.
Anyways, I decided to do a little research on dry elbows.
You can treat rough, dry elbow skin by following the following steps:
- Exfoliate the skin around the elbow. You can use a loofah, sponge or pumice stone. Don’t be too aggressive because that could worsen it. I have been using a very soft sponge to take my bath but today, I bought a bath glove to really exfoliate my elbow tonight.
- Moisturize/treat. You can use an elbow cream, a heel cream or a good thick oil i.e castor oil, almond oil, shea butter or even butter!! You can moisturize your elbows as many times a day as you feel is necessary but don’t forget the exfoliating step.
- Wrap with plastic or cling film for up to an hour.
- Continue treating it for at least ten days. If symptoms persist, see a dermatologist. You might have psoriasis or eczema. He/she might prescribe something else for you to use.
- Prevent its recurrence by regularly exfoliating and moisturizing the skin around the elbow.
Well, I’m off to go to treat my elbows! Have you ever had an issue with dry elbows? How did you solve it?