Wash day post :14th/15th July 2013
1. Prepooed by applying Tropic Isle Living Pimento oil to my hair and scalp. Wore a shower cap then bonnet and beret. Went to bed.
2. In the morning, washed my hair with diluted Elasta QP Shampoo for relaxed hair. Love this shampoo cos’ it is not drying at all and has a pH of 4.5.
3. Deep conditioned with Nexxus humectress ultimate moisture deep conditioning treatment wearing my heating cap for about 20 minutes. I left the conditioner on my hair for another hour before rinsing it out.
This is a light protein conditioner with great slip! My hair really turned out feeling smooth!
4. I applied Aussie Moist 3-minute miracle deeeep conditioner as my leave-in conditioner. I didn’t detangle my hair or tie a scarf. I just left it to air dry. By late afternoon, my hair was mostly dry.
5. I decided to do a ponytail set because I saw a post on JUSTGROWALREADY some days ago where she did this. Read that post HERE.
I sectioned my hair into six then detangled each section and used small elastic bands to secure each section. I lightly wet each section. Next, I rolled my 6 ponytails.
This is how it turned out. The roots were a bit puffy but I didn’t mind. If I wanted it smoother, I would have wrapped my hair.
How was your wash day?
My natural hair journey so far
Just in case you don’t follow me on social media and you missed the news,Read More
Wash day featuring Pureology hydrate shampoo – December 2nd, 2016
This wash day featured two new products: Pureology Hydrate shampoo (which I bought last month)Read More