2013 vs 2014
2013 was a year of ups and downs for me.
I’ve outlined my 2013 goals below with the actual achievements.
* Lose 13 pounds. I lost some weight at the beginning of the year to gain it all back and more at the end! I was 73 kg at the beginning of 2013. I ended the year with 75 kg.
* Achieve a waist of 28 inches. Nowhere near this goal!
* Finally reach Mid-back and maybe even waist length . Although I added some length to my hair, I cut it down to neck length because I was having uneven lengths especially in my crown area which just wasn’t growing as fast.
* Stay away from flat ironing my hair completely. I flat ironed my hair about 2 or 3 times last year.
* Read at least 2 pages of the bible every day. Fail!
* Go to bed before 11pm everyday except on days that I’m on call. Fail!
* Join my church choir. I finally joined on December 31st!
Other happenings in 2013
* I discovered that I had an area of thinning in my hair. I think there’s been some improvement but I need to give it some time to be really sure.
* I figured that with the current dry winter weather plus my hair thinning, less manipulation might just be a key solution.
* I officially started my hair product store, Sizzelle. A big thank you to everyone for their patronage!
* I started using onions and essential oil for my hair and I think I like using them (especially the onions).
My plans for 2014
* If my hair thinning doesn’t show any obvious improvement, I will go see a dermatologist.
* I’ve decided to hold off relaxing my entire hair till June. I relaxed my hair mid-December last year so that’ll be a 6-month stretch.
* I’m going to be trying my hands at Ayurveda treatments like Henna, Indigo, Amla and Rhassoul clay. I just ordered these and I’m looking forward to trying them out!
* I’ll also be taking hair supplements too.
* I’m not going to wash my hair more than once a week unless it feels really really dry.
* To keep my ends blunt, I’ll go for professional trims every 3 months. I do want my hair to grow back but I’ve decided to let it look nice while on the journey there.
* I’m also going to go on a personal castor oil challenge soon. I’m also thinking of extending this challenge for other people to join.
* I’m also going to work on my weight this year and hopefully keep it off this time!
October 2016 hair product haul!
Hi dear people. How are you? I haven’t washed my hair since I relaxed myRead More
10 discoveries I made on the journey to my current hair regimen
Hello dear people. How have you been? For the last few months, I have beenRead More