Relaxer day – 17th July 2014
Hi guys…sorry for the delay in giving you my relaxer day update. I wanted to do the post on my love-hate relationship with relaxers first. Don’t be surprised if I come out with a big chop announcement soon!! LOL!
The night before
Detangled with Silk Elements Silken Child Detangling spray.
- Based scalp with Jamaican black castor oil
- Applied Coconut oil on my hair followed by Affirm FiberGuard Preservo Strengthening Serum
(I was rummaging through my old stuff and stumbled on this serum..it’s part of the Affirm Fiberguard relaxer system and it helps to prevent overprocessing hair).
- Did another scalp base with vaseline.
- Sectioned my hair in 7 places for easy access.
- My friend applied the relaxer only to the new growth, starting from the back sections. I used Activilong relaxer kit (mild strength). I’ve been using this relaxer for one year now.
- I think we must have spent 30 – 40 minutes for the entire relaxer application or smoothing process. This is quite unusual cos’ she did the last relaxer touch-up for me and we did it for about 20 or 25 minutes. Anyways, my hair came out a little straighter than the last time but not bone straight. I also tried to keep the relaxer away from my edges to prevent losing them. #sizzellehairlinechallenge
- Rinsed off the relaxer.
- Applied my protein conditioner: a mix of Mill Creek Botanicals Henna and Biotin conditioner.
- Used the neutralising shampoo. We must have shampooed like 5 times till the foam was white.
- Washed my hair with Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Creamy Aloe Shampoo
- Deep conditioned with my Franck Provost repair conditioner
- My hair was a bit tangled and I had to take my time to detangle my hair carefully.
- My hair was still ‘texlaxed’ but not as much as the last time PLUS I could see my scalp. It’s time to thicken up my hair!! JBCO is calling my name!
Pictures (freshly detangled wet hair)
Relaxer day update (7 weeks post): 11th September 2015
Hi people!! Yes I relaxed my hair at 7 weeks post-relaxer!! I think I wasRead More
Backstage hair diaries #2. Single strand knot galore! Daily combing!
This is my journey to find a regimen that suits me. I am looking forRead More