VACATION HAIR CARE SERIES: washing, drying and styling your hair
Many ladies do a protective style for the duration of their vacation and this makes life so easy. On the other hand, some ladies want to go with their hair. This series is mainly for those ladies who are brave enough to go on vacation with their own hair.
1. Co-wash your hair when it feels dry during the week.
2. Keep wash days as short as possible.
- Prepoo for about 15 minutes.
- Deep condition for 20 to 30 minutes max. If you came along with your heating cap, you can heat the gel packs with a microwave or hot water (whatever you have available). If you don’t have a heating cap, just don a shower cap, do a little exercise and rinse off your conditioner when your time is up.
- Apply your leave-in conditioner.
1. Air dry your hair; OR
2. Use a blow dryer: If you have a hand dryer, then you can use it to dry your hair. If you’re doing this, don’t forget to use cool air. You should do the tension method of blow drying. To do this, hold a section of hair taut and concentrate the dryer on that section until it’s dry. Please watch this video for clarification.
1. Do a twist, braid or bantu knot out.
– Air dry your hair till it’s almost dry. Make sure your hair is well detangled then twist your hair or braid it. You can also do bantu knots. If you want it very curly, you do at least 10 twists or braids. If you want it more wavy, then do less twists.
– Wait at least 3 – 5 hours or better still, leave it overnight. The following morning, undo your twists or knots and you have a beautiful holiday style.
2. You could also flat iron your hair. That is if you brought your flat iron along with you. Don’t forget to use a heat protectant.
1. Moisturize your hair as often as needed.
2. Sleep with a satin bonnet or scarf. Or satin pillow case if you have one.
3. Redo your twists nightly or when needed. It’s a good idea to moisturize your hair first and finger-detangle before re-doing them.
Winter Beauty Tips
Winter is now only less than a mere three weeks away. With the season, comesRead More
Christmas Essentials to Put On Your Holiday Shopping List
You don’t have much time to shop for Christmas this year. No, we mean itRead More