Wash day – two new products
I am looking forward to relaxing my hair this week and I have my relaxer and everything I need ready!!! Today’s wash day was da bomb!!! I almost didn’t want to retouch my hair but I think it’s time! I used two new products at this wash day: Shescentit blueberrry co-wash conditoner and Brown Butter Beauty Butter Love conditioner.
- Moisturized my hair with Pura Body Naturals Sapote hair lotion. Applied coconut oil over this. Wore a plastic bag on my head and my satin bonnet over this. Went to bed.
- In the morning, I sectioned my hair into four. I do this when I have a lot of new growth to reduce tangling.
I applied Shescentit blueberry co-wash conditioner. I saw it on Jeni’s blog (Justgrowalready.com). Look, it was love between my hair and this co-wash cleanser on first touch!! I absolutely hate the fact that this bottle is soooo small. It looks bigger in pictures but is only 8 oz (about 240 ml). My hair is not that long but I used a – third of it. I am heavy-handed with my products though. The instruction says to leave it on for 15 minutes, which I did. Washed off the conditioner. My hair felt silky and clean. I kept telling myself that any conditioner used after this is just lucky cos’ you can’t really tell its true abilities. The Shescentit blueberrry co-wash conditoner just set the tone for today’s wash day and I mean ittt!!
- Poured some tea (ginger, chamomile, rosemary and lipton caramel tea) on my scalp using my Roots Applicator Bottle. Left this to penetrate my scalp for a few minutes before applying the deep conditioner.
- I applied Brown Butter Beauty Butter Love conditioner to my hair. It’s a protein conditioner and did have some slip but I think I’ll give it an overall rating of 4 out of 5 stars. Applied some JBCO-essential oil-jojoba oil mix on my scalp. Sat underneath my dryer for about 20 minutes. Made breakfast for the kids.
- Took the plastic bag off my hair. Slip was divine so I decided to detangle my hair in the shower. Still in the 4 sections I started off with. Rinsed off the conditioner and tied a t-shirt around my hair to absorb the excess water. My hair felt strengthened and heavy but not hard. I guess ‘cos this conditioner is protein-packed.
- Applied Kurlee Belle leave-in conditioner to my hair. A very light leave-in but has a lot of slip. By now, my hair was just so soft.
- Applied Pura body naturals murumuru moisture milk to each section. Detangled in sections. Sealed with Naturalista cosmetics Juicy Yummy moisturizer. Combed lightly through one more time.
DRYING AND STYLING
- Put my hair in 6 ponytails and rolled each ponytail.
- Sat under my hair dryer for about 30 minutes. Undid the rollers. Sat for another 15 minutes. Undid the ponytails. Sat another 15 minutes. Voila! Soft silky hair was mine. I was so ecstatic.
- At bedtime, I wrapped my hair..more like cross-wrapped my hair. Wore my satin bonnet.
Winter Beauty Tips
Winter is now only less than a mere three weeks away. With the season, comesRead More
Christmas Essentials to Put On Your Holiday Shopping List
You don’t have much time to shop for Christmas this year. No, we mean itRead More