Hair techniques I practised in 2014
- Blow drying: I enjoyed learning how to blow dry my hair using a method I saw on YouTube by Reniece TV. I will only do this occasionally because it takes me too long. Ain’t nobody got time for long styling!
- Flat ironing: I did this once last year and it left my hair feeling smooth. I think I will do this a bit more often this year (with enough protection first though).
- Bantu knots: I absolutely adore bantu knots and they give the cutest curls. My only problem is that the curls are not always even plus my hair never holds a curl. I need to learn how to maintain curly hair!
- Finger combing: I started doing this consistently toward the end of 2014 and I will do this more frequently in 2015. Finger combing helps to reduce the manipulation and breakage from combing. However, I had to add ‘comb smoothing’ to make my hair look acceptable!! I still comb my hair thoroughly on wash days and if I feel that my hair needs combing during the week, I’ll still do it but it’s not as frequent as before.
- ‘Comb smoothing’. This is basically using my comb to smooth out my hair after finger combing. I don’t comb through, just use the comb to smooth my hair on top.
- Cross wrapping: This was my primary method of maintaining my hair at night (except when I do a curly style).
- Overnight deep conditioning: I stumbled on this by accident and my hair really likes it. I might not do overnight conditioning but I will continue to do deep conditioning for long hours.
- Tea rinse before cleansing: Doing tea rinses after cleansing my hair leaves it feeling hard. I really detest hard hair! I decided to try it before cleansing and I think i like it better. The only problem with this is that you wash out the tea and my hair doesn’t get as much benefits from the rinse like I would have preferred.
- Roller setting: I like the results I get from roller setting but I am such a slow roller setter. I will probably go to a salon to get it done when I need to.
« HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 10 most popular posts of 2014 (Previous News)
(Next News) Top selling products of 2014 – SIZZELLE »
Winter Beauty Tips
Winter is now only less than a mere three weeks away. With the season, comesRead More
Christmas Essentials to Put On Your Holiday Shopping List
You don’t have much time to shop for Christmas this year. No, we mean itRead More