FAQs Friday: Conditioners with protein in first 5 ingredients
If you have been following my posts, you should know by now how much I love protein conditioners. One thing I know is that if you have fine hair strands or your hair is relaxed or coloured, then using protein conditioners are usually a good thing. However, not everyone’s hair reacts the same way to protein and you can only get to know if you try it first.
According to ProteinPromo.com , there are many proteins used in conditioners and one of the most popular is hydrolyzed keratin which strengthens the hair strands. Next is collagen which increases hair’s flexibility and elasticity. Other ones I have seen are egg proteins, oat protein, milk protein, soy protein, oat protein, amino acids, collagen amino acids, elastin etc
Now to answer the question, What conditioners have protein in their first 5 ingredients? These are the ones I could find online and I have highlighted the proteins in each conditioner listed:
- Nexxus Emergencee Restorative Strength Conditioning Treatment– Water (Aqua, Eau), Collagen Amino Acids, Polyacrylamidomethylpropane Sulfonic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Gelatin, Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone
- ORS Olive Oil replenishing conditioner – Water , Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Glycerin, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Olive), Hydrolyzed Collagen, Quaternium-80, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Oil (Orange), Citral , d-Limonene, Linalool, Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate , Dicaprate , PPG-1 Trideceth-6 , Panthenol, Silk Amino Acids, PEG-9 Dimethicone, Anthemis Nobilis Extract (Chamomile), Salvia Officinalis Extract (Sage), Urtica Dioica Extract (Nettle), Rosmarinus Officinalis Extract (Rosemary), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Achilea Millefolium Extract (Yarrow), Actinidia Chinensis Fruit Juice (Kiwi), Dimethicone, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, EDTA, Triethanolamine, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, CI 15985 (Yellow #6), CI 19140 (Yellow #5)
- Hairveda Acai Berry Phyto – Water, Glycine Soja (Soybean Oil), Phyto Keratin, Acai Berry Extract, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Dimethyl Stearamine, Lactic Acid, Avocado Oil, Olive Oil, Paraben Free Preservative, Phthalate Free Fragrance
- Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Conditioner – Deionized water, hydrolyzed keratin, cottonseed oil, panthenol (provitamin B5), balsam peru, olive oil, retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), tocopherol (vitamin E), rosemary extract, barley extract, stearalkonium chloride (fiber base content), glyceryl stearate, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, octyl dimethyl PABA, PEG-100 stearate, sodium caseinate, sodium hydroxide, corn oil, *organic aloe vera gel, citric acid, organic essential oil, caramel, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, botanical fragrance.
- Mill Creek Botanicals Henna Conditioner – Deionized water, henna extract, palm christi oil, panthenol (provitamin B5), hydrolyzed keratin, chamomile extract, barley extract, stearalkonium chloride (fiber base content), cetyl alcohol, octyl dimethyl PABA, citric acid, caramel, *Organic aloe vera gel, organic essential oil, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, botanical fragrance.
- Mill Creek Botanicals Biotin Conditioner – Deionized water, biotin, panthenol (provitamin B5), hydrolyzed keratin, hydrolyzed collagen, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, dicetyldimonium chloride, oleamidopropyl dimethylamine, cetearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, hydrolyzed glycosaminoglycans, retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), citric acid, corn oil, sodium chloride, quaternium-15, peppermint oil, *organic aloe vera gel, organic essential oil, citric acid, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, botanical fragrance.
- Vitale olive oil mayonnaise – Water (Aqua), Olive Oil, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Polyquaternium-32, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Lanolin, Dl Panthenol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Menthol, Camphor, Cholesterol, Benzophenone-4, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Egg Protein, Carrot Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Kukui Nut Oil, Parsley Flakes, Extract of Arnica Montana Flower, Centella Asiatica, Urtica Dioica (Nettle), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf, Capsicum Annuum and Cochlearia, Aromoracia (Horseradish) Root, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Proplyparaben, Dmdm Hydantoin, FD&C Yellow No.5 (CI 19140), FD&C Yellow No.6 (CI 61565), Blue No.1 (CI 42090), Fragrance (Parfum)
- Aubrey Organics swimmers conditioner – Aqua, cetyl alcohol (from coconut), aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, alcohol denat. (38b, lavender), milk protein, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil*, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil*, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, glycerin, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, panthenol (vitamin B-5), fragrance‡‡, ricinus communis (castor) oil, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), chenopodium quinoa seed extract*, tocopherol (vitamin E), equisetum hyemale (horsetail) extract, tussilago farfara (coltsfoot) leaf extract.
- Shea Moisture Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair Rinse Out Conditioner – Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Inulin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot), Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Behenyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) See Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Hydolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Cystine Bis-PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, Polyglyceryl-3 Stearate, Morinda Citrifolia (Noni) Extract, Glyceryl Caprylate, Glyceryl Undecylenate, Guar Hydroxypropyltimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Diheptyl Succinate, Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Phytic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Dextran, Citric Acid Granular
Do you have any to add to the list?
6 Tips for Rocking Bold, Brightly Colored Hair
Your hair is your crowning glory, so the popular expression goes. Indeed, the way youRead More
My natural hair journey so far
Just in case you don’t follow me on social media and you missed the news,Read More