#FitnessFriday How I maintain my relaxed hair during workouts
Basically, all I do is set it.
I’ll explain. Setting hair is basically done by fixing a style on wet on damp hair. So it doesn’t matter if your hair gets damp when you exercise. It’s going to help your style set better. 🙂
To set your hair, you can do any of the following :
- Rollersetting (not convenient for exercising in my opinion);
Now to the nitty gritty of what I actually do.
1. I moisturize and seal my hair the night before and then set it (usually with banding, braids, twists or bantus). I opt for curly styles because they are easy to do and my texlaxed hair prefers them to straight styles. Plus I have realised that they help give fine/thin hair the appearnave of being thick.
2. I tie my satin scarf to make sure my hair lays flat. I use the ‘cottony’ surface of the scarf to absorb the moisture. If you have a cotton scarf, you can use that instead. That will probably be better, especially if you sweat a lot on your scalp.
3. The following morning, I do my workout still maintaining my twists/braids and keeping my scarf on. If you are a gym kind of person or outdoor runner, get a cute scarf to match your exercise gear.
4. Take my shower after I’m done working out. Let it air dry. Most times, my hair is dry by the time I’m ready to go out.
5. If I do however feel my hair is still damp, I sit under my standing dryer for 10 – 20 minutes (using the cool air setting). You can use a blow dryer if you don’t have a standing dryer but don’t forget to use the cold shot/ cool air setting. Tip: wake up early to work out to give yourself good time to get ready OR exercise in the evening. That way, your hair dries overnight.
6. I undo my twists with my oiled hands and that’s it. My hair stays looking presentable all week.
7. If I have a straight style, I wrap my hair and take down the wrap when I am about leaving the house.
If you can’t be bothered with setting your hair every night, then simply put your hair in braids or weaves.
P/S: This past week, I worked out everyday for 45 minutes using my 45-minute Youtube playlist. Loved every second of my workouts!! Next week, I am taking it to the outdoors…I am going to jog for at least 45 minutes to 1 hour Monday to Friday by God’s grace!
Have a lovely weekend everyone. Hugs from me.
T25 – day 5
I’m beyond exhausted right now: today’s workout consisted of two videos: Lower Focus AND CardioRead More
#fitnessFriday – Weight loss apps I am currently using
I love playing with my android phone and many times, I end up spending unnecessary timeRead More