Wash day 7th March 2015 – a day of experimenting and comparing!
- Prepoo with a coconut oil-Shea butter-hempseed oil mix.
- Washed using Mizani Butter Blend Balancing Hair bath.
- Deep conditioned with two different conditioners (left – Shea Moisture Jamaican black castor oil masque AND right – Shescentit fortifying mask). I talked about my SHESCENTIT haul yesterday. Wore my Hothead heating cap for about 2 hours (‘cos I fell asleep 😛 ).
- Detangled my hair under the shower with my wide tooth comb. Rinsed out the conditioner.
- T-shirt dried my hair for a few minutes.
- Applied the Shea Moisture Jamaican black castor oil leave-in conditioner. It did not have enough slip to detangle my hair so I used Shescentit moisture mist leave-in to detangle my hair. I tried a method I watched on YouTube where the vlogger sprayed her detangler on her comb. You can watch it HERE.
- Put my hair in 3 chunky twists and sat under my standing dryer for about 40 minutes (using cold air).
- Undid my hair in the morning. The ends were not curly because I didn’t twist all the way to the ends and I didn’t use any rollers either. 🙁
My hair did feel soft but strong, and not as silky as I usually like. I guess this is because both my leave-in and deep conditioners were protein-based.
THE SHEA MOISTURE JBCO LEAVE-IN
- I didn’t notice less breakage than I usually do.
- Although it is in a jar, it is very runny and should probably be in a bottle.
- It doesn’t have enough slip in my books (4/10 in my opinion). I don’t think you can comb through your hair with it. I will keep testing it to decide if it stays or goes.
THE SHEA MOISTURE JBCO MASQUE
I used two different deep conditioners so that I could have an objective comparison.
- The Shea Jamaican black castor oil masque is thick and I only had to use a little bit of it. However, it doesn’t feel very creamy when you apply it. The Shescentit fortifying mask, on the other hand, is not thick but a bit more creamy. I did have to use a bit more than I used with the Shea Moisture Jamaican oil masque.
- The two conditioners both had decent slip, enough to detangle with (6/10).
- Compared to the Shescentit fortifying mask, I did have a little less breakage with the Shea Moisture Jamaican oil masque.
- They both left my hair feeling soft but strong.
- Shea Moisture Jamaican black castor oil masque is 12 oz while the Shescentit fortifying mask is 9 oz for about the same price.
- In conclusion, I will keep the Shea Moisture Jamaican black castor oil masque in rotation for now.
I am going to try something different on my next wash day: prepoo with a protein conditioner, shampoo and then deep condition with a moisturizing deep conditioner. This is how Sunshyne of Hairliciousinc uses her protein conditioners.
I have also ordered the Shea Moisture Jamaican black castor oil shampoo after reading several good reviews. If I receive it before my next wash day, I’ll let you know my impressions after using it.
Regimen plan and experimentation in the next few weeks.
Hi dear people. A few weeks ago, I mentioned to you that I think myRead More
Shea moisture Jamaican black castor oil shampoo – Yes to the yes!
So, I’m bringing you my last wash day (14th March 2015) featuring Shea Moisture JamaicanRead More
[…] my last wash day, I ended up with a loose twist out. This was done one day after my wash […]