Relaxer day update – 22nd July 2015
Hi people! I am sorry that this post is coming late.
The night before the relaxer day
- Detangled my hair in seven sections using a wide-tooth comb.
- Applied an ample amount of Shescentit green tea coconut hair milk moisturizer. I used this moisturizer as a mild strengthening pre-relaxer treatment because it contains hydrolyzed wheat protein.
- Finger-detangled and used my wide-tooth comb again to make sure there were no tangles.
- Used elastic bands to keep my roots stretched. Went to bed.
- Applied Vaseline all over my scalp to prevent against scalp burns.
- Mixed 3 scoops of the relaxer with 2 scoops of deep conditioner. Relaxer used: PHYTO SPECIFIC Phytorelaxer Index 1 Delicate and Fine Hair.
- The stylist applied the relaxer mix to each of the sections and smoothened the roots. I also combed through the roots with a wide-tooth comb.
- Total application and smoothing time was 25 minutes.
- Rinsed the relaxer.
- Applied Linange neutralizing conditioner. Left it in for 5 minutes. Rinsed it out and reapplied it. Left this in for another 2 minutes.
- Used Mizani Butter Blend Balancing Hair bath to remove the last traces of relaxer and calcium deposits. This shampoo is a neutralizing, clarifying and chelating shampoo.
- Conditioned my hair. Rinsed it out and then trimmed my ends. I didn’t use any leave-in products or stretch my hair because I wanted to see my hair in its true state. I used banana clips to make a low pony tail. This is how it looked when it dried:
6 Tips for Rocking Bold, Brightly Colored Hair
Your hair is your crowning glory, so the popular expression goes. Indeed, the way youRead More
My natural hair journey so far
Just in case you don’t follow me on social media and you missed the news,Read More