Wash day – August 30th 2015
After my last post, I decided to do a quick wash. I had spotted a conditioner with nice protein ingredients (elastin, collagen and hydrolyzed keratin) earlier in the week and I couldn’t resist giving it a whirl. It had good slip when I applied it to dry hair.
1. I wore a shower cap and my Hothead heating cap over this.
2. Left it in for about 30 minutes before rinsing it off. Detangled in the shower.
3. Sealed with avocado oil and applied Kurlee Belle Thirsty Kurls Leave-in conditioner.
4. Put my hair in 3 twists. Sat under my standing dryer for about 30 minutes.
5. Combed out my hair to create loose waves and I did notice a bit of breakage and my hair was a bit crunchy (a feeling I do not like). I haven’t used avocado oil on its own on wet hair before so I don’t know if that was the cause. Or if the new conditioner I tried had given me a bit too much protein. Or if my dryer ‘over-dried’ my hair.
Talk to you soon…
How to work with your hair’s porosity: Low porosity hair
Contents1 Introduction2 What is low porosity hair? 3 Managing low porosity hair3.1 Avoiding/limiting use of productsRead More
Hair update (17th – 23rd November, 2016)
Hi lovely people. A few days after my last wash day, I did a flatRead More