Wash day – August 30th 2015
After my last post, I decided to do a quick wash. I had spotted a conditioner with nice protein ingredients (elastin, collagen and hydrolyzed keratin) earlier in the week and I couldn’t resist giving it a whirl. It had good slip when I applied it to dry hair.
1. I wore a shower cap and my Hothead heating cap over this.
2. Left it in for about 30 minutes before rinsing it off. Detangled in the shower.
3. Sealed with avocado oil and applied Kurlee Belle Thirsty Kurls Leave-in conditioner.
4. Put my hair in 3 twists. Sat under my standing dryer for about 30 minutes.
5. Combed out my hair to create loose waves and I did notice a bit of breakage and my hair was a bit crunchy (a feeling I do not like). I haven’t used avocado oil on its own on wet hair before so I don’t know if that was the cause. Or if the new conditioner I tried had given me a bit too much protein. Or if my dryer ‘over-dried’ my hair.
Talk to you soon…
6 Tips for Rocking Bold, Brightly Colored Hair
Your hair is your crowning glory, so the popular expression goes. Indeed, the way youRead More
My natural hair journey so far
Just in case you don’t follow me on social media and you missed the news,Read More