Wash Day – 28th October 2015 – 6 weeks + post relaxer
1. Sprayed my scalp with Puressentiel Anti Hair Loss Treatment Serum.
2. Applied Ouidad’s Salon Series OMEGA-3 Replenishing Hair Treatment to my hair. It contains a lipid called 18-MEA.
3. Did a quick oil rinse with a mixture of babassu oil, avocado and olive oils. Applied Tropic Isle Living hair therapy oil to my scalp.
4. Applied Aubrey Organics Island Naturals conditioner and left it on for 5 minutes.
5. Shampooed once with ApHogee Textured Hair Wash.
6. Applied Giovanni colorflage boldly black conditioner. Left it on for 2 minutes. Rinsed this off.
Create a healthy cuticle layer & intensify shine with 18-MEA (RelaxedHairHealth.Com)
YOUR 18-MEA CUTICLE LAYER: ONCE IT’S GONE, THERE’S NO TURNING BACK (NaturallyCurly.Com)
7. Deep conditioned for an hour using a conditioner I’ve been trying out: Blue Roze Beauty – Chocolate Rose Rhassoul hair mask. I am giving it a whirl because of the rhassoul clay. I would grade it 3.5/5 overall because it does a decent job at conditioning and the slip factor is not bad. However, it is quite runny. I prefer thick creamy conditioners. I combed through my hair lightly after applying it. Applied Sunny Isle Living Jamaican Black Castor oil (extra dark) to my edges.
8. Rinsed off the conditioner.
9. T-shirt dried my hair for about 15 minutes to remove excess water.
10. Applied Phytostim to my scalp.
11. Leave-ins (in order of application) [Liquid – Sealant – Cream]: Creme of Nature Argan Oil Strength & Shine Leave-in conditioner, Silk Elements Heat Protection Spray, Creme of Nature Argan oil perfect 7-in-1 leave-in treatment.
12. Did a blow dry using my hand dryer with a comb attachment (moderate heat). During the process, I re-wet the areas that were a bit dry with Shescentit moisture Mist conditioner. Trimmed some shaggy ends. Breakage moderate.
8. To keep the roots stretched, I put some flexirods on my hair after blow drying each section. Left it in for about an hour before taking it off.
The curls were not well defined so I simply put my hair up in a bun till my next baggy blow-dry day. To care for my hair until my next baggy/blow-dry day, I will finger comb it daily and protect my ends by hiding them away. I wear a satin pocket bonnet at bedtime to protect my hair while I sleep.
My natural hair journey so far
Just in case you don’t follow me on social media and you missed the news,Read More
Wash day featuring Pureology hydrate shampoo – December 2nd, 2016
This wash day featured two new products: Pureology Hydrate shampoo (which I bought last month)Read More