My current wig regimen
Hi everyone! How have you been?
First of all, I want to apologize to everyone that has gotten in contact with me through the form on my contact page. When I added it to the page, I forgot to include any email address for the messages to be directed to. Basically, they’ve just been sitting there and I just realized this yesterday. I have changed this now though. Please do forgive me.
I have been following a wig regimen for the last 5 or 6 weeks. My hair is currently in a corn-row. To maintain it underneath the wigs, I try to keep it moisturized every few days. The problem is that when you have your hair in a protective style, it is quite easy to neglect it.
- Hair Moisturizer: Bee Mine juicy moisturizing daily spritz. I simply spray this on my hair once or twice a week.
- Sealing oil: Schwarzkopf Gliss BRUME MIRACLE HUILE LÉGÈRE. I spray this on after my hair moisturizer. Using a sealing oil after moisturizing your hair helps to lock in the moisture and prevent it from drying out too soon.
- Scalp moisturizers (and treatment): I alternate between my personal scalp Tea mix & Phyto Phytostim Fortifying Spray. These help to soothe & stimulate my scalp.
- Scalp oil: Jamaican black castor oil & NJoy’s Hair growth oil. I alternate between these two oils. They help to soothe my scalp and prevent it from feeling too dry. They also encourage hair growth and improve thickness.
- Deep condition: I undo the cornrows every 3 to 4 weeks. Before I do, I apply a deep conditioner to the tracks. I leave this on for about 30 minutes and lightly shampoo or co-wash it off. I undo the tracks after which I apply a leave-in conditioner, then hair oil and have it cornrowed again. I intend to keep this up till June.
What is your current hair regimen? Do you have one? Please comment and subscribe. And stay connected:
My natural hair journey so far
Just in case you don’t follow me on social media and you missed the news,Read More
Wash day featuring Pureology hydrate shampoo – December 2nd, 2016
This wash day featured two new products: Pureology Hydrate shampoo (which I bought last month)Read More