My 2015 relaxed hair regimen & staple products
My hair regimen is as follows:
- Wash my hair weekly using the following steps: Prepoo, cleanse and deep condition. Please click HERE to see a step-by-step breakdown of how I wash my hair weekly.
- During the week, I moisturize my hair in sections at night and seal in the morning with argan oil. If I have a style that I don’t want to disturb, I might moisturize every 2 or 3 days. I am still trying to figure out how to moisturize curly styles (e.g bantu knots, twist outs etc). Please click HERE to see a step-by-step breakdown of how I maintain my hair during the week.
- Once every 12 weeks, I do a henna treatment. To read how I do my henna treatment, please click HERE.
- I relax my hair every 3 – 4 months, depending on how my hair feels. I don’t usually go longer than 4 months except I intend protective styling.
My hair routine is something like this:
Day 1: Relaxer day
Week 3: Henna
Anytime between week 13 – 17 : Relaxer day
And the next cycle and so forth.
My regular products are:
- Prepoo: Coconut oil + hempseed oil mix (sometimes with cocoa butter or shea butter added too)
- Kinky Curly Tiny Twirls shampoo
- Mizani Butter Blend Balancing Hair bath (clarifying/chelating shampoo)
- Shescentit blueberry cleansing conditioner
- Linange neutralizing conditioner (only used on relaxer days)
- Co-wash condtitioner (only used on henna days): Franck Provost Shea butter conditioner
- Moisturizing deep conditioners: Shescentit moisture curl conditioner
- Protein deep conditioner:
- Brown butter beauty butter love deep conditioner (light protein – hydrolyzed keratin)
- Mill Creek Botanicals Biotin conditioner (moderate protein – hydrolyzed keratin and collagen)
- Pura body naturals chocolate smoothie (very light protein – hydrolyzed wheat protein)
- Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment (very light protein – hydrolyzed wheat protein)
- Leave-in conditioners:
- Pura body naturals murumuru moisture milk
- Kurlee Belle Thirsty Kurls Leave-in conditioner
- TRESemme Split Remedy Leave-In Conditioning Treatment (used only on flat iron days)
- Weekly Sealing oils/butters (used once a week on twist outs or braid outs):
- Naturalista cosmetics juicy leave-in conditioner
- Pura body naturals cupuacu butter
- Daily moisturizer: Hairveda Red tea satin moisturizer
- Daily sealing oil: 100% pure argan oil
- Heat protectant serum: Optimum Salon heat protection polisher
- Henna: Lush Cosmetics Caca Noir Henna
- Relaxer: Phytospecific index 1
- Scalp treatments:
- Tea/coffee rinses once a week on wash days.
- Lavender jamaican black castor oil once a week on wash days.
- Phyto phytostim spray once a week on wash days.
- Phytospecific phytotraxil spray 1 – 2 nights a week.
- Now Foods Castor oil on wash day and during the week if my scalp feels dry or itchy.