Battle of the moisturizers – part 2
A few months ago, I had posted these pictures of various hair moisturizers I would be testing. I am sorry I didn’t end up trying the Cantu shea butter leave-in, for two reasons: it contains silicones which I try to avoid. Secondly, I gave it to a friend who had just turned natural. After using them several times, I think I can now grade them from my least liked to my favourite.
- Darcy Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean Curl Smoothing Cream. Not moisturizing enough.
- Darcy Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean Moisturizing Hair Whip. Not moisturizing enough.
- Darcy Botanicals Herbal Leave-In Conditioning Spritz. Not a bad spray leave-in but not enough to make it want to buy it again.
- Darcy Botanicals Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Cream. Has excellent slip. Helped me detangle some serious knots in my hair but did not leave it feeling well conditioned.
- Pura Body naturals muru muru moisture milk. I prefer this as a leave-in conditioner on wet hair. It has good slip and eases out combing.
- Jessicurl Too Shea! Extra Moisturizing Conditioner. Very moisturizing.
- Pura Body naturals sapote hair lotion. (My favourite hair moisturizer for NOW). Moisturizing and kept my hair soft and smooth.
After using these moisturisers, I have since tested two more. In my next battle of the moisturisers post, I will tell you the WINNER and why I like each one.
« #sizzellehairlinechallenge – Udodirim is the winner! (Previous News)
(Next News) SIZZELLE New Stock Update – Karen’s Body Beautiful, Silicon mix, Dark & Lovely Au Naturale, Taliah Waajid & many more »
Winter Beauty Tips
Winter is now only less than a mere three weeks away. With the season, comesRead More
Christmas Essentials to Put On Your Holiday Shopping List
You don’t have much time to shop for Christmas this year. No, we mean itRead More
[…] First up is moisturizers. Why? If you are like me, this has been the most difficult product for me to settle on my entire hair journey. I have tried different types from S-curl to ORS carrot oil to Elasta QP mango butter to Darcy Botanicals transitioning cream, etc. I decided to do a battle of moisturizers and I mentioned them in this post HERE. […]