#FitnessFriday How I maintain my relaxed hair during workouts
Basically, all I do is set it.
I’ll explain. Setting hair is basically done by fixing a style on wet on damp hair. So it doesn’t matter if your hair gets damp when you exercise. It’s going to help your style set better. 🙂
To set your hair, you can do any of the following :
- Rollersetting (not convenient for exercising in my opinion);
Now to the nitty gritty of what I actually do.
1. I moisturize and seal my hair the night before and then set it (usually with banding, braids, twists or bantus). I opt for curly styles because they are easy to do and my texlaxed hair prefers them to straight styles. Plus I have realised that they help give fine/thin hair the appearnave of being thick.
2. I tie my satin scarf to make sure my hair lays flat. I use the ‘cottony’ surface of the scarf to absorb the moisture. If you have a cotton scarf, you can use that instead. That will probably be better, especially if you sweat a lot on your scalp.
3. The following morning, I do my workout still maintaining my twists/braids and keeping my scarf on. If you are a gym kind of person or outdoor runner, get a cute scarf to match your exercise gear.
4. Take my shower after I’m done working out. Let it air dry. Most times, my hair is dry by the time I’m ready to go out.
5. If I do however feel my hair is still damp, I sit under my standing dryer for 10 – 20 minutes (using the cool air setting). You can use a blow dryer if you don’t have a standing dryer but don’t forget to use the cold shot/ cool air setting. Tip: wake up early to work out to give yourself good time to get ready OR exercise in the evening. That way, your hair dries overnight.
6. I undo my twists with my oiled hands and that’s it. My hair stays looking presentable all week.
7. If I have a straight style, I wrap my hair and take down the wrap when I am about leaving the house.
If you can’t be bothered with setting your hair every night, then simply put your hair in braids or weaves.
P/S: This past week, I worked out everyday for 45 minutes using my 45-minute Youtube playlist. Loved every second of my workouts!! Next week, I am taking it to the outdoors…I am going to jog for at least 45 minutes to 1 hour Monday to Friday by God’s grace!
Have a lovely weekend everyone. Hugs from me.
T25 – day 5
I’m beyond exhausted right now: today’s workout consisted of two videos: Lower Focus AND CardioRead More
#fitnessFriday – Weight loss apps I am currently using
I love playing with my android phone and many times, I end up spending unnecessary timeRead More
Great job, i tend to wrap my hair but I find that satin scarfs come off while jogging so I prefer to use those wig caps then put a scarf on it if I’m late, if early like past 5 dnt care who is on Lekki roads at that time?
Hi Bosa. Abi o? Who’s on the road at the time? If at all, it’s probably a fellow #fitfam. Thanks for your comment dear.
Good morning ma,I texlaxed my hair early March I discovered that my new growth was hard to comb after washing my hair.I couldn’t comb my hair after it dried. What can I do to soften my new grow?
Good morning ma,I texlaxed my hair early March I discovered that my new growth was hard to comb after washing my hair.I couldn’t comb my hair after it dried. What can I do to soften my new grow? I am Just tired of straight hair.
Hi Bukola. What you need is a leave-in conditioner that will soften your new growth. You can try any of the following : Vegetable glycerine (on its own) or mixed with your leave-in, S – curl activator, and Beautiful Textures tangle taming conditioner. Detangling your roots when saturated with a moisturising conditioner is also a good idea. Plus take note that on non-wash days, it is safer to finger detangle texlaxed hair. Thank you.
[…] #FitnessFriday How I maintain my relaxed hair during workouts […]