FAQs Friday (July 27th 2012)
QI. Does Silk Elements Olive oil conditioner have protein?
Yes. These are its ingredients. (I have highlighted the protein). One exception is Hydrolyzed wheat protein which actually has moisturizing properties.
WATER ,CETEARYL ALCOHOL ,DICETYLDIMONIUM CHLORIDE ,GLYCERIN ,STEARAMIDOPROPYL DIMETHYLAMINE ,ISODODECANE ,ISOHEXADECANE ,CYCLOPENTASILOXANE ,FRAGRANCE ,QUATERNIUM-91 ,PROPYLENE GLYCOL ,CETRIMONIUM METHOSULFATE ,QUATERNIUM-80 ,METHOXY PEG/PPG-7/3 AMINOPROPYL DIMETHIC ,DIAZOLIDINYL UREA ,DIMETHICONE ,OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL ,CITRIC ACID ,PANTHENOL ,POLYQUATERNIUM-59 ,BUTYLENE GLYCOL ,BENZOPHENONE-4 ,IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE ,HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN ,ETHYL ESTER OF HYDROLYZED SILK ,HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED EXTRA ,VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED EXTRACT ,HYDROLYZED JOJOBA PROTEIN ,GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) PROTEIN ,HYDROLYZED SWEET ALMOND PROTEIN ,YELLOW 5 ,BLUE 1 ,BENZYL BENZOATE ,BENZYL SALICYLATE ,BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL ,HEXYL CINNAMAL ,LINALOOL
QII. What’s the difference between hair mayonnaise and hair cholesterol?
Hair mayonnaise is always protein while plain hair cholesterol is usually moisturizing. There are a few exceptions to this: sometimes, protein is added to cholesterol and then it becomes a protein conditioner.
Examples of plain cholesterol conditioners include
- Africa’s Best Organics tea tree cholesterol,
- Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream
- Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol Conditioner
- Lustrasilk Shea Butter & Mango Cholesterol Conditioner
- Lustrasilk Cholesterol Deep Conditioning Cream Enriched With Carrot Oil for Dry, Damaged Hair
Examples of cholesterol conditioners with protein include
- Le Kair Cholesterol Plus Strengthening and Conditioning Cream
- Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol Conditioning Treatment,
- Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol & Olive Creme
- Lustrasilk Cholesterol Placenta and Jojoba Cream for Dry, Damaged Hair
- Lustrasilk Cholesterol Aloe Vera Cream with Super Detangling Formula
- Lustrasilk Cholesterol Tea Tree Cream Intensive Therapy Hair Treatment
Examples of Hair Mayonnaise conditioners
- Silk Elements MegaSilk Intense Conditioning Mayonnaise
- Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise
- Africa’s Best Organics Hair Mayonnaise
- Vital olive oil mayonnaise
QIII. Does Jamaican black castor oil(Jbco) moisturize hair? How often should one use jamaican black castor oil on the scalp?
No, Jamaican black castor oil does not moisturize hair as it doesn’t contain water.
You can use it on your scalp about 1-4 times a week depending on:
- how oily or dry your scalp is,
- how fine your hair is. If you have fine hair, using it more frequently might weigh down your hair. You should only use it about once a week unless you`re washing your hair twice a week. If you have thick hair, you can use it more frequently.
- your climate. If you live in a hot environment like me, you might want to use it only once or twice a week.
- how often you wash or co-wash your hair.
Sunday Sound Out: washing and threading your hair weekly?
Q: Can I grow my hair with a routine of washing it and doing AfricanRead More
FAQs Friday: How to know if your hair moisturizer contains protein
If you think your hair is protein-sensitive or you are simply avoiding hair products withRead More