How to brighten up dull skin
No matter how fair or dark skinned you are, everyone loves to have bright-looking skin. You can brighten dull skin by doing the following:
- Chemical peels: This can be done at home or professionally. (Safer done by a professional). I usually do peels at least once a month. I buy mine directly from Amazon.com
- Use skin products containing brightening agents e.g. Licorice, Kojic acid, arbutin, hydroquinone, ascorbic acid (vitamin c), etc. Hydroquinone has been been banned in many countries in Europe but is still being used in the U.S and many other countries. You shouldn’t use it for more than 3 months at a time. The highest concentration of hydroquinone you can buy over the counter is 2%. If you have serious hyperpigmentation issues, your dermatologist might prescribe something higher e.g. 4%
- Facial masks.
- Do at-home facials e.g apply freshly squeezed lemon juice to your face and leave it on for a few minutes before rinsing it off.
- Mechanical exfoliation
- Microdermabrasion: This can be done at home or professionally.
- Facial scrubs
- Facial brushes
- At-home scrubs using oatmeal, sugar, etc. If you have large pores, I would recommend that you use chemical exfoliation methods or facial brushes instead because grains from scrubs can clog your pores, leading to acne.
- Get adequate sleep. Doctors prescribe at least 8 hours every night (I know this might not be possible for many of us who live busy, fast-paced lives but you can try your best)
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily.
- Exercise at least 3 times a week. Exercise increases blood flow and circulation.
- Sunscreen can prevent sun damage.
- Reduce your stress level.
What other things do you recommend to brighten up dull skin? What products or techniques do you use to maintain a clearer skin?
Christmas Essentials to Put On Your Holiday Shopping List
You don’t have much time to shop for Christmas this year. No, we mean itRead More
Glam Up Your Holiday Beauty Look with These Easy Tips
Fall is officially here and winter is most definitely on its way! As the weatherRead More